Ratings for Dr. Nazir Mohamed

I broke my ankle 10 weeks ago. I required no surgery, so my interaction with Dr. Mohamed was limited to follow up reviews and assessments of my xrays to make sure the bone was mending. I am a fire fighter and broke my ankle on the job, so i required a lot of paper work to be filled out by him in regards to WSIB, modified duty and how I would return to work safely. At the 10 week mark I went to see him and he informed me that my bone was healed, after a 10 second assessment of me walking he told me I was able to go back to work and perform the full duties of a fire fighter. This was a total shock to me beacause Even though my bone had healed and i was able to walk on a flat serface I told him that I was still not able to walk up or down stairs properly, i couldn't squat, kneel down, do any explosive movements like running, jumping up or even stepping down without pain and that I should not return to work as a fully functional firefighter, but was more than willing to continue my full time modified duties. I told him that I believed it was unsafe and negligant for myself, co workers and the public for me to return to full duties because I was not healed on a funcational level. I had also had a functional abilities assessment done by a registered, WSIB approved physiotherapist who two weeks prior to my final appointment with Dr.Mohammed, said that i needed a minimum of 6 weeks of extensive physiotherapy in order to get my body prepared for the full duties of a fire fighter. Even though i presented him with this information and said that i want to follow my rehabilition program for the remaining 4 weeks and that i felt really uncomfortable going back on the trucks his responce was that "you'll be fine" and refused to sign my modified duties paperwork forcing me to go back to work as a "fully functioning fire fighter" Totally ignoring my own knowledge of my body and the intense phyical nature of my job, as well as the assessment done by a resistered, qualified physiotherapist stating I was not ready to return to full duties at work at that point. Dr Mohamed was extremely rude to me, never listened to my point of view, never gave me any functional assessments and never spent more than 3 minutes talking to me. He made it seem that I was trying to "scam the system" and try to use my injury to stay off work. Even though i was working full time hours doing modified duty based on restrictions imposed on me by a phyisotherapist. I understand that from an orthopedic point of view, according to the xray my bone was healed but from a body mechanic, functional abilities perspective I was not healed and his course of care should have reflected that. I would like to know if he would be legally responsible if someone was hurt or killed because I couldn't perform fully as a fire fighter and I was forced to go back to work. Even though i protested fully knowing that I couldnt do the job.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

A butcher who thinks he is God. He has ruined our lives.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015