Ratings for Dr. George M. Harris

He's a terrible Dr. and his LPN is even worse, if that's even possible. I'd been going to see him for many years and was relying on his professional advice and knowledge to run the tests and blood work I needed to stay healthy. I have BC/BS insurance and really put my trust in this QUACK. I was finally so sick that I went to another Dr . and was, within a few hours, diagnosed with STAGE 4 LIVER CANCER. This was a simple blood test he could have run but didn't. I was expecting a Dr., who has over they years gotten THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of DOLLARS from me and my insurance company. HE could have cared less about my, or any of his patients, health as long he was getting the money it was just status quo with him. I've since been to another Dr. that is really concerned if I live or DIE. I've had more then half my liver removed and 2 feet of colon along with a year of chemotherapy... and still fighting for my life everyday. If you, or your loved ones, value your life.... see ANY OTHER DR beside this guy or his LPN. I thought I was in good and capable hands, I guess not. If you do go see him just make sure you schedule your own tests, examines, lab work or any preventive procedures to stay in good health because they won't do it for you. They will, however, take your money and leave you to die with out even batting an eye. This is just my opinion and the way I feel about it... you can do as you like. Again, this is my opinion, along with first hand experience.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

I really like Dr Harris, but it is sometimes hard to get an appointment. You always have to leave a message and they are not always quick to get back to you. When you have a problem or are really sick, you don't have hours or days to wait to set an appointment. What ever happened to a receptionist answering the phone when it rings?

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

We are love Dr. Harris, when I took my daughter in to see him, he immediately said she is having an appendicitis. She wassent to "the hospital" they said she is not having an appendicitis and sent her home. (Friday) On Monday she was in the ER and sent for emergency removal of her appendix. Dr. Harris was right. She calls him Dr. House.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

This office does not know how to deal with health issues on an individual's needs and experiences. They have often provided treatment for my family that was irrelevant to the issue or advice that was given in ignorance.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

I love this Dr. Very good with my children and they love him!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

THIS DOCTOR DOES NOT CARE IF HE LOSING PT OR. HIS FRONT OFFICE IS SO RUDE IN PERSON AND ON THE PHONE. I'M BEEN GOING TO SPRINGVILLE FOR ALONG TIME BUT NOT ANYMORE. HIS NURSES ARE REAL NICE BUT HE SHOULD REPLACE HIS FRONT . I HEARD THEM BILL A PATIENT FOR 5CENT WAIT TIME IS 3 HOUR SO GOOD LUCK FOR ME THEIR ALOT DOCTORS.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

If you want to see Dr. Harris you need to be very specific or you'll got the hateful LPN Campbell. I went to Dr. Harris for a few years and rarely saw him, I was put in the room and waited a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time for Sue to come in. She was rude and had a bad attitude. I haven't been back and am very happy with my new DR.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

This doctor is wonderful considering it's a small town. The hours are not the best, but they are always willing to work you in.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

This is the best doctor I have ever used. He takes his time to talk to me and listens to what I am saying. He has taken care of me and my family and has been there for us through several crisis'. He has waived charges and provided sample medications when we were short on money. He has referred us to specialist when needed and even came to the hospitial when he was off to check on me and my husband after his heart attack. I am proud to call him my doctor as well as a good friend. Beth Martin

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

I was a patient of Dr. Harris for nearly two years after moving to the Springville area. I was very sick recently and my wife called to work me in to see Harris. I arrived at 4:58 P.M. I observed the doctor sitting behind the receptionist talking to several of the nurses. When I told the receptionist that I really needed to see the doctor, the doctor got up and walked out of the area with the receptionist relating to me that he was seeing his last patient of the day and could not see me. My response was, "So you're telling me that I need to find me another physician" of which I have since done. I am so glad this happened. I do not need to be paying a physician who appears in my opinion to only be in the profession for the money and who also appears in my opinion to not really care for a fellow human being who was very sick at the time. I would recomomend anyone in the Springville area to venture out to the Pell City area. There are physicians who in my opinion really appear to care.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. George M. Harris's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

UnitedHealthcare