Ratings for Dr. Gary Champion

Saw Dr.Champion recently for an opinion and he was such a lovely Dr. Very professional, knowledgeable, thorough and compassionate. Would most certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr Champion has been my rheumatologist for a number of years. I have had RA since I was 19 and have seen quite a few specialist doctors and rheumatologists. The person I was seeing before Dr Champion was my Dr for my wedding. I had a flare-up before the wedding and an incredibly sore neck. He said to up my prednisolone dosage. So in the weeks leading to my wedding I got the typical 'moon' face and put on weight - as happens when you are on high doses of prednisolone. I now look at the photos with great sadness. Thank goodness I decided that dr was no good and swapped to Dr Champion (there are so many stories of my previous dr that were disheartening and lack of care issues) . He was gruff at first - I think that is his manner, but he immediately discovered the odontoid peg in my neck was worn and sent me to a specialist for that. He then successfully got me off prednisolone and together we worked out a way for me to have a child through putting me on medication that was safe. I have had the occasional need to email him personally and he always responds within a few hours. I now have an 8 year old daughter. No doctor is perfect but I have seen a lot in my life and I am very fond of Dr Champion. He will go above and beyond to help you. I did miss an appointment once - he called me personally and asked why - it turned out I had had a fall and was in hospital. He was very sympathetic and wanted to find out what had happened, then ordered tests to make sure anything else wasn't going wrong. I think he is wonderful and would highly recommend a second visit if you are in need of a professional who cares for your situation. He is very good with those with chronic illnesses.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

I was a patient of Dr Gary Chamion for a few years & always found him very good & professional in his care.  His knowledge & treatments are always spot on.  On my first visit, I didnt feel the "warm & fuzzies" from him, (because I like warm N fuzzy) but came to realise that he's just like that in the beginning, maybe on a busy or bad day. However,  after a couple of visits where I got used to him & relaxed into my normal jokey self, he also became more friendly & talkative etc as time went on. As a specialist, he's thorough, very knowledgeable and very helpful. His treatments, medications and suggestions & recommenations were excellent.  Like most professionals & specialists, he is very busy & probably doesn't suffer fools gladly or time wasters.  I think if you take your treatments & illnesses seriously and are not a just a whinging time waster looking for an easy free ride into a disability pension or work cover then you're okay.  (I am on a disability pension now) At the time, he was treating me for Sjogren's Disorder & fibromyalgia also possible neurological disorders and he was very up to date with knowledge, treatment & medications etc.   The only reason I stopped seeing him was because I found a Rheumy closer to me.  I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Told me I was just getting old and refused to do further tests. Failed to diagnose auto immune blood issue.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Missed a crucial diagnosis when he refused to order further blood tests.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Soent most of the time telling me I did not have an already diagnosed medical issue that was not the reason I had referred to him for. Barely examined me. Wish I had walked out on first impression.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Attended for an assessment. Treated with no respect.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I understand now why people have written negative reviews.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Top guy, top Doctor. Knowledgeable, thoughtful, thorough.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr Champion is one of the kindest, genuine docs I have ever seen. His care of my Fibromyalgia is second to none and his willingness to help when I'm feeling terrible is much appreciated. For years I was seeing GP after GP, making me feel It was all in my head. I suffer constant pain and fatigue and some days can't get out of bed. Thank you Gary! I appreciate everything you do for me which in turn helps my family. His gruffness is that of a big teddy bear once you get to know him. Ladies at front are caring and always get my messages to him. Thanks heaps

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016