Ratings for Dr. Gary Champion

I was a patient of Dr Gary Chamion for a few years & always found him very good & professional in his care.  His knowledge & treatments are always spot on.  On my first visit, I didnt feel the "warm & fuzzies" from him, (because I like warm N fuzzy) but came to realise that he's just like that in the beginning, maybe on a busy or bad day. However,  after a couple of visits where I got used to him & relaxed into my normal jokey self, he also became more friendly & talkative etc as time went on. As a specialist, he's thorough, very knowledgeable and very helpful. His treatments, medications and suggestions & recommenations were excellent.  Like most professionals & specialists, he is very busy & probably doesn't suffer fools gladly or time wasters.  I think if you take your treatments & illnesses seriously and are not a just a whinging time waster looking for an easy free ride into a disability pension or work cover then you're okay.  (I am on a disability pension now) At the time, he was treating me for Sjogren's Disorder & fibromyalgia also possible neurological disorders and he was very up to date with knowledge, treatment & medications etc.   The only reason I stopped seeing him was because I found a Rheumy closer to me.  I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Told me I was just getting old and refused to do further tests. Failed to diagnose auto immune blood issue.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Missed a crucial diagnosis when he refused to order further blood tests.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Soent most of the time telling me I did not have an already diagnosed medical issue that was not the reason I had referred to him for. Barely examined me. Wish I had walked out on first impression.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Attended for an assessment. Treated with no respect.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I understand now why people have written negative reviews.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Top guy, top Doctor. Knowledgeable, thoughtful, thorough.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr Champion is one of the kindest, genuine docs I have ever seen. His care of my Fibromyalgia is second to none and his willingness to help when I'm feeling terrible is much appreciated. For years I was seeing GP after GP, making me feel It was all in my head. I suffer constant pain and fatigue and some days can't get out of bed. Thank you Gary! I appreciate everything you do for me which in turn helps my family. His gruffness is that of a big teddy bear once you get to know him. Ladies at front are caring and always get my messages to him. Thanks heaps

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

I had shoulder and leg pain for several years and it affected my work. My GP sent me to Dr. Champion and he correctly diagnosed R. A. in a very short time. The medication given, was explained in detail as was the expected outcome. The meds worked and I became pain free and in remission. 5 years late my GP found evidence of a swollen lymph gland in my neck. It was removed and found to be Lymphoma cancer. The report was sent to Dr. Champion who rang me personally at 8am the next day and told me he received the report from the cancer clinic. He told me to stop taking certain medication as the Chemo I was going to receive will help the R.A. The cancer specialists at the clinic confirmed this with me. My R.A. continues to be in remission, the Lymphoma was dealt with and I am in full remission with both. I have not had to go back on any R.A. medication since. I agree, Dr. Champion can be abrupt, but he is a specialist and very busy. I appreciate the information he gives me and the support and professionalism I have received. I have found he will spend more time with you if you have a genuine question, but he will not waste your or his time discussing the weather. HIs receptionist is a gem. Very polite and always calls me by name. To those who question the ethics and professionalism of this practice, look deeper into yourself for the reasons of your beliefs.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Champion for 5 years now and I have to say I found Dr Champion very professional and helpful. Prior to 2010 I had been misdiagnosed with 3 different diseases and it was Dr Champion who correctly diagnosed me with a rare auto immune disease. I now have been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I couldn't recommend him more highly. His knowledge is extensive and he knows his job very well.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015