Ratings for Dr. John D. Blackman

Dr. Blackman is really nice, just not helpful. Does standard labs, treats by the numbers, regardless of how terrible you feel. Every time I started to feel better, if I was a little "out of range" he would decrease my meds! I went to him for thyroid help, and he pretty much kept me sick.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Blackman for diabetes for over 5 years and I can tell you that he is a very kind, gentle, forefront and knowledgeable doctor. He will not brow beat you on your condition, but will firmly let you know what needs to be done. He provides suggestions in articles and books, and keeps informed with current procedures and trends. He is a soft spoken educated man that cares about his patients and seems to have a great understanding of my condition and how it affects me and my life. I don't care about his office or his staff, this is a doctor rating page, but I have always been treated nice by everyone.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Worst doctor ever. Has no clue what to tell u when u explain how ur feeling. .. he just simply does blood lab's and ups ur dose .

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Because I got conflicting info from other drs,I wanted a specialist.This dr who specializes in the thyroid & other glands could not tell me the size of a normal thyroid or if the dimensions on my biopsy report were normal or enlarged as I was told I had a goiter via report.I thought that was pretty awful.He seemed embarrassed,yet made no offer to check later.He answered almost none of my questions telling me to ask my GP.I wanted his answers due to drs either not knowing or offering conflicting info,so the visit was completely wasted.Really rushed me/left abruptly.I found him ok at first,then increasingly rude.Because I'd recently reversed my diabetes w/lifestyle changes(in lab tests,but not on the daily meter reading),he would not answer any questions.I guess he thought I wouldn't be worth seeing as I was not yet desperately ill enough to be profitable.When I showed him recent normal blood work (diabetes),his demeanor changed.When I need 1,I will never go to this cold, unhelpful dr.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

It has been a very long time since my appointment with this dr. and I admit that my experience does not coincide with most other reviews I have seen. I am long time thyroid patient and even now, I can't imagine what I did to deserve the attitude that I got from him during my last visit. I am the kind of patient that takes charge of my own health and I always tell the doctors what I think I need. Maybe he doesn't like that kind of a patient but during my last visit, he was very cold and standoffish toward me. I thought maybe he was just having a bad day and tried to overlook it. I remember calling back to try to get a different type of medication because I was still having problems with the one he prescribed and his office never called me back so I assumed that he just didn't want to treat me anymore. After seeing other reviews, it is obvious that my experience with this doctor is not typical. It may just be that he doesn't like patients who are a little more assertive.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

I agree with the other review. Office is completely out of control. Dr. Blackman is very nice and hopefully can help me. However, the office staff is absolutely one of the worst I have ever encountered for such a specialist. I was a cash paying patient, was told the price, paid it and then got a bill. I was then told that he must have charged more, but they didn't know why. I proceeded to explain that I had paid already, but they absolutely could not handle it. His nurse is nice, but the rest of the staff will probably cause me to seek someone else.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Office is out of control.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

Dr. John D. Blackman's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med