Ratings for Dr. Robert Flavin

Rude and unhelpful when treating my son .Complained to St vincents about it and got the usual brush off when ever you try to question anyone in the hospital. Very unhappy experiance with hospital and Professor flavin ,beware!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I do not understand Professor Flavin. I won't say any more confused

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Professional, friendly, polite, reliable, efficient and a super team around him in St Michaels Hospital, Dun Laoghaire. I couldn't rate Prof Flavin with anything less than fabulous. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

In Dec 2013 i was involved in an extremely bad motorcycle accident, resulting in life threatening injuries. i was induced into a coma and have multiple broken limbs including a severely smashed right leg, with bones protruding in several locations. my family were informed i was more than likely going to lose my leg. then Prof Robert Flavin stepped in. When i awoke, i was in a lot of pain, and i looked down and i had a metal external fixator cage on my leg holding all the bones in place - but most importantly, it was still there. the cage was designed by Prof Flavin in a way to be adjusted each day using a spanner to regrow 6cm of bone that had been destroyed. 19 months later and 15 operations by Prof Flavin, and i'm walking without crutches now. As you can imagine, the reason i had 15 operations was because i had so many complications and set backs because the injuries were so bad, but Prof Flavin persisted on, and kept on top of things with more ingenious solutions to each problem and he never gave up on me. If not for him, i DEFINITELY would have lost my leg. True gent, extremely professional and seemingly limitless intelligence. I'll be forever grateful to him and his marvelous team.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

There are not enough stars in this survey to adequately Dr. Flavin. In 2010, I was visiting Ireland from the U.S. On my 2nd day, I was involved in a pretty traumatic accident in which my foot was pulled away from my ankle. I was terrified thinking about what was going to happen to me as a visitor to the country. What kind of care should I expect? Well, I was rushed straight to St. Vincent's Hospital in Dublin where Dr. Flavin immediately took me into surgery and reattached my foot. All the muscles in the front of my leg had to be removed, and I sustained severe nerve damage. I would have had to deal with foot drop and wear a brace on my leg, but Dr. Falvin had other ideas. Four days after my accident, he took me back into surgery to reconstruct and reconfigure the muscles in my leg, ankle, and foot. As a result of his ingenuity, I am able to walk without a brace. I have had five U.S. doctors tell me that I was lucky to have fallen into Dr. Flavin's capable hands, that if I had come to them, they would have amputated my leg. Five years later, I still have my foot and am walking around on it. I do wear orthotics in my shoes and use a cane for balance, but I am up on my own two feet, and I think that is pretty miraculous. Big thanks to Dr. Flavin, and to the staff at St. Vincent's who took good care of me.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I had a serious accident in March 2013 months after I was diagnosed with severe trauma to my ankle indicating the need for a subtalar fusion. I had to wait 10 to 11 months for the operation. During the following months I had consultations with Prof Flavin. He was friendly, very well informed and was always of great reassurance. When my operation date arrived the following year I was swiftly seen and operated on. It is now almost a year since and I am feeling so much better. During my entire time as a patient of Prof Flavin I never felt hurried, every point I raised was listened to and addressed. A friendly, easy going natured surgeon who should be commended for his professionalism

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

i was referred to prof Robert Flavin , and his attention , professionalism, and standard of practice is second to none , in one word outstanding , his secretary Donna , is so helpful and dilligent in her work , ever helpful , she is courteous and kind and will help in any way possible , i have never met such a fantastic consultant who does everything and what is more gives you the time to talk with you , he listens and has never dismissed any concern i had regarding my treatment . one in a million

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015