Ratings for Dr. Andre Botha

He informed one of my clients that I had delusional parasitosis (a mistaken belief that I was invested with parasites), not giving an iota of a care in the world of whether it would harm my business relations in Dundee, and as a result I suffered huge financial losses.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Basically useless. Cannot diagnose anything anything so assumes nothing is wrong. Said he referred me to a specialist but do not. Very poor. Apparently does not understand the Hippocratic oath to not do any harm. Yet by doing nothing he is doing a lot of harm. Poor doctor, self interested, limited knowledge. If he doesn't know what is wrong then it doesn't exist. Very dangerous to the profession. I imagine other doctor's have had to cover up for him a number of times due to his incompetence. Sad, but like any other profession you get the good ones and the awful ones. Dr. Botha is truly one to stay away from unless you have a common ailment and even then you have to deal with his personality.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Andre Botha's level of professionalism, whether outside his practice or inside, is not something I would recommend to anyone. Not only does he disclose patient information, harming the image of the patients who are under his care, but he also justifies (like the hypocrite he is), the reason behind a person's ailment as being a punishment from God. In fact, before the death of one of his patient's father, Peter Smith, he had informed him that the reason why he was about to succumb to death was due to ungodliness. This contrary to any form of biblical principles, if he is true to what he believes in, and rather plays God, so it would come as no surprise to me if he looses the respect and admiration that the town once had for him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Dr Botha has been my family doctor since the year 2000. The best service .

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Thank you for rendering excellent health care services. Your dedication is the epitome of excellence

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I have always received excellent service from him. He goes the extra mile and really cares, im not just a patIent to him but somebody he truly takes interest in and wants to help. I think he is an amazing person and doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

A GRACIOUS AND KIND INDIVIDUAL ALWAYS WEARS A SMILE

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I have to write this review as I feel it necessary for other patients to be aware of what is going on. I used to enjoy seeing Dr Botha who was always attentive and tried hard to help me. Lately though, he has been extremely rude and dismissive of my concerns, as well as those of others I have spoken to. He is a lay preacher at a local church, and has become excessively and unprofessionally-so judgemental. He has told me to get my case with God right before I even try to remedy any illness I have, as poor health is punishment for sins. He has become extremely unhelpful, berating another patient in front of me for being (a) disrespectful because she was late and (b) taking her to task in front of me for smoking and its ungodliness. He used to be the most knowledgeable doc in town, but now he does not practise evidence-based medicine anymore, so I feel kind by giving him a 3, as he has developed his own brand of medicine and he is not a true health professional anymore.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013