Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. J. Pit Gills

thank you Dr Gills, I feel great an easy recovery !

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

Dr. J. Pit Gills's response
Glad to hear you're doing well. We're here if you need us.

Submitted October 7, 2019

I’m so glad to have trusted Dr Gills with my vision ! The staff were all so nice and kept me relaxed ! Do not hesitate to trust him and his staff .. thank you all for giving me back my eyes !!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2019

The BEST experience I've had with a Doctor EVER! Thanks again!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2019

All of T Luke’s was very professional and very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted October 18, 2019

Dr Pit Gills was caring and very professional, and was his staff. The end result was better than I ever could have imagined. I never thought I could see so well. Thank you Dr Gills and your great staff.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

The staff at every level of the process was caring, courteous and reassuring.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2019

Very professional....care given to me was awesome. So grateful

flag | Submitted October 7, 2019

As in any new Doctor I check them out on line. Dr. Gills turned out to be a very excellent surgeon. I am so glad I picked St. Luke’s to do my cataracts. The staff was so helpful. When you walk in to St. Luke’s they have a check in station but, it won’t take long before someone to be there to greet and help you check in. It feels like a family run company and you are part of the family. I had two phone calls from nurses between surgeries to check on me and to see if I had any questions. You only get two eyes your whole life so you what the best. And I had the Very Best! Thank you Dr. Gills & Staff

flag | Submitted October 7, 2019

Dr. J. Pit Gills's response
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. It's our honor to serve you.

Submitted October 7, 2019

In my 50 or so years in healthcare I have NEVER seen a better organized, more efficient, more professional medical facility! Not 1 of your staff EVER has a poor attitude, sour face, impatient look or anything that the typical medical office is so full of. If only the Federal govt. could copy you for an example for medicare, there would be no medical crisis!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! I only wish all my other physician offices could do so well.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2019

Dr. J. Pit Gills's response
Honored by your feedback. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and for your kind words.

Submitted October 7, 2019

Doctor skill excellent. Got lost in their process - kept waiting for over an hour with no explanation as to delay- or concern by staff. Told that was the process, but had other eye done days before and no waiting. Again, Doctor excellent. Some Staff - need some empathy and a way to track where patients are and then let them know why there is a delay. Some staff were excellent.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2019

Dr. J. Pit Gills's response
Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we do use your constructive criticism to learn and improve our practice. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

Dr. J. Pit Gills's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Pit Gills, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in cataract and refractive surgery. He completed his undergraduate studies in Chemistry/Pre-Med at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN and in 1997 received his Medical Degree from Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. Dr. Gills completed both his medical internship and residency in ophthalmology at the University of South Florida in Tampa followed by a cornea fellowship at St. Luke’s Cataract & Laser Institute. Having already performed more than 45,000 cataract surgeries, Dr. Gills is one of the most accomplished surgeons in his field. In addition to treating current patients, Dr. Gills is engaged in developing new techniques that will benefit patients in the future. He has participated in multiple clinical studies and FDA trials of intraocular lenses and has published articles in key scientific journals and medical textbooks. Dr. Gills also shares his extensive surgical experience through presentations to colleagues at major scientific symposiums. Dr. Gills regularly gives his time and surgical talents to help those in need through organizations such as Lions Clubs International and the Florida Division of Blind Services. A native Floridian and avid athlete, Dr. Gills has competed in ultra-distance marathons his entire life and has completed numerous marathons and triathlons, including five Ironman races; Kona, France and Switzerland. He is a champion freediver and enjoys kiteboarding and wakeboarding with his family. In 1993 Dr. Gills obtained his private pilot license and still enjoys flying on a regular basis. Dr. Gills and his wife Joy were married in 1993 and are the proud parents of three children; Pitzer, Parker and Stokes. They reside in Clearwater.

• English

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• Cataract surgery