Ratings for Dr. Christof H. Teichler

My 82 year old Father was the patient of dr Erasmus in Mediclinic Vereeniging. Dr Erasmus asked dr Teichler for an opinion. Dr Erasmus gave my Father over to Dr Teichler before the long weekend. We were there and able to get my Father home once discharged. However Teichler decided that my Father must stay as he needs a thyroid scan which can only be done on Tuesday. However, he discharged my Father today (Tuesday) without doing the scan. Thus my Father stayed for 3 days without reason in hospital - I am going to inform the medical scheme. And it also costs my Father R1500 for the ambulance home because we were at work and could not assist. But that is not the end, when I got hold of Teichler he said to me he knows what he does and put the phone down in my ear! He is rude, bombastic and does not care for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Teichler was negligent with my Spina Bifida daughter, between the 9th and 11th of January 2013 at Midvaal private hospital. Ignoring the fact that she is on Warfarin, Epilim and Keppra, he prescribed cocktails of aspirin and panado, etc... Resulting her INR level being 11, seizures and acute renal failure.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013