Ratings for Dr. Alexander Taghva

I saw Dr Taghva at the end of a three year search, in which I had numerous consultations with neurosurgeons and other specialists in an attempt to find a solution to incapacitating back pain due to a disc injury in the thoracic region (T8-9). A previous surgery had been performed in which they trimmed the offending disc had done nothing to mitigate the pain which resulted from the disc pressing against the spinal cord. I had been on massive doses of opioids to help control the pain and spent nearly half of each day flat on my back in pain. Every doctor had indicated the same treatment but declined to do the procedure as they “didn’t do thoracic re-do surgeries”. When we met with Doctor Taghva he also made the same recommendation and then I waited for him to also pronounce he wouldn’t do the procedure....and then, he asked when we’d like to go forward . Finally, a glimmer of hope. He and his staff provided wonderful care and now, about three months since the procedure, I am pain free and although still in physical therapy to build my strength back up after three years of nearly constant inactivity, I know it’s behind me. I can not recommend Dr Taghva highly enough to do him justice.....but urge anyone who needs help with a debilitating back injury to at least visit with him (we drove eight hours from out of state)....it may be what turns your life around.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018