Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Dignam

The staff and secretaries show you no respect or kindness, are often very flaky and unhelpful in an emergency. Dr Dignam goes on leave or vacation and doesn't leave someone who willl properly look after her complicated cases. She is negligent when it comes to making sure her patients receive their meds

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Dignam is an excellent doctor. She is very thorough, and she is very supportive and provides the health care that is needed very efficiently and effectively. She is dedicated and always takes the time to listen to your health concerns and then provides the very best diagnosis for you. If a specialist referral is needed she refers quickly and efficiently. I have moved from the KW area but I drive two hours to have an appointment with Dr. Dignam as I have complete confidence that she will give me the very best diagnosis and health care possible. I could not ask for a more professional, compassionate and truly terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Great doctor. Very thorough and follows up on even small things. I had gone in and talked about 4 or 5 issues, a couple very small. She made sure all were dealt with and even had a specialist appointment set up for one of the small ones. Will often personally call you at home to avoid you having to make a followup visit for test results. Re the person who was surprised to see her on Google at an appointment, many doctors are doing this now including an recent Oral Surgeon appointment I had and I personally think it is smart of doctors to take advantage of technology rather than be "reassuring" when that is not the best course of action. I do find she can be quite behind schedule because she deals with all of a patient's issues rather than just 1 or 2 and then making them schedule another appointment - I would call ahead to check before leaving for her office to confirm.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I would recommend Dr Dingnam to anyone who is looking for a new doctor. I find she is very caring and listens to everything that you have to say. She has been quick to refer me to specialist when needed also.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I have just recently arrived in Canada from England. I was accepted into the.practice of Dr Dignam, and I have to say she has been amazing with both me and my partner. She has ordered me to have the most comprehensive bloodwork that I have ever had done. She made changes to my meds, for the better, and listened thoroughly when I explained my list of medications. She went out of her way to find out how I should withdraw from a particular drug not available here, and called me at home to inform me of what I should do. She has seen me for nearly an hour on each occasion I have been to her office. I have no complaints thus far, and would not hesitate in recommending her to anyone. I find her to be very pleasant, helpful, humble and listens to her patients, even when in a hurry.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Dignam has been our family doctor for 3 years and we couldn't be happier. She is very caring and takes the time to answer all our questions. She has been very knowledgeable. She has diagnosed conditions missed by our previous doctor, and she has made prompt referrals. We feel lucky to have Dr. Dignam as our family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have had similar issues with Dr.D as I find her less knowledgeable and dismissive of symptoms. She googles a condition in front of you and takes a guess on your diagnosis. She uses words like guess and I'm not sure which in not very reassuring. She is very gentle, approachable and friendly and deals with my children very well. when it comes to me I wish I had another more confident GP.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Dr. Dignam is a gem! My previous family doctor was a callous, prescription pusher. Dr. Dignam is highly knowledgeable, and extremely friendly. She has perfect bedside manner. She is easy to talk to and doesn't rush you out the door. She is wonderful with my kids. She does not hesitate to make appropriate referrals and isn't a pill-pusher.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I've found it rare to find a family physician who somehow walks the fine line between being efficient/knowledgeable while also being personable and taking the time to connect with you as a person. Dr Dignam is a rarity in this field. She's extremely intuitive, finding previously undiagnosed minor conditions within my family while also connecting with us meaningfully and personally on each visit. I think the line family doctors walk between seeing so many people per day, while also trying not to treat patients as numbers, must be difficult at times. Jennifer Dignam has somehow struck that key balance between the two and you would count yourself lucky to be under her care.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I found it interesting to read the other comments and I am guessing none of these people see Dr. Dignam for health issues. I started seeing her after my previous doctor who was amazing retired and I have been incredibly disappointed. Dr. Dignam is polite, sure, but she does not order tests when needed. Since I have a history with my condition you would think she would follow this when I present with issues, but she does not and often dismisses my concerns. I have also had a difficult time getting referrals from her, instead she insists waiting 6 months and rechecking which at times is unreasonable. While I doubt she is the worst doctor in the world she is not very knowledgeable about my condition (which is very common) and always has to "check with another doctor". I also find she is very dismissive of my concerns, but overly cautious when it comes to my children. Also, no one in our family likes her nurses, they're fake, and inconsiderate, you can also hear them talking about you behind the doors. While I might keep my kids with her because she's quiet, I am in the process of finding myself a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015