Ratings for Dr. Teri Tien

I think the only reason that Teri got 3.5 stars rating is because she has some wonderful staffs in her office. She is very unhelpful and unprofessional. I went to see her for my heart palpitation problem, without asking any of my life style or listen to my heart beat, she just kept telling me that is normal to people in my age group. She neither explained why or how it happens nor gave me any health advises. Terrible!! Last time I went to see her for PAP smear because her office phoned me and told me that I was due for it. Before she started, she asked me if I have any vaginal itching, I told her that I have that kind of feeling from time to time, but not something that bother me. When she performed the PAP, I felt she did a swab for me at the same time (I work in a family doctor's office, so I more or less know the procedure). She didn't ask for my approval, as well as did not informed me what she was doing. I didn't ask her why she did that because I thought she was just trying to find out if I got yeast infection. However, today when I check my lab result on my ehealth, I found out that she has not only check yeast infection but also did a bunch of STI (sexually transmitted infection) screenings. I felt awful when I saw the results. First, I did not mention any concern in regards STI and I've never asked her to do such test on me. Second, she didn't ask for my approval to perform these tests. Me and my husband had a back to back appt on that day, she treated my husband's health concerns like "you should never come in and ask such stupid question", I don't even want to mention it again. I will NEVER return to Teri.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Teri Tien's Credentials

• Regence
First Choice Health
Great West
Healthnet
Lifewise
Managed Health Network (Mhn)
Pacific Source
Phcs
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Providence