Ratings for Dr. John Yaros

Saw this guy very recently. I knew there was something wrong with him so I decided to check him out on this site. Thanks RATE MD'S this was helpful and I am changing docs. Keep up the good work identifying people like YAROS.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I'm truly shocked that this doctor is still practicing. My experience with him was many years ago but I can see he's still treating people the same way. I had been treated by him multiple times for strep throat. 6-7 times in a year. Full blown, sick in bed with high fever and can't swallow at all, dehydrated. The works! I had 3 small children I had to care for and when I got sick, my husband had to lose work. At one point I couldn't shake the tired feeling so I was worried I was anemic or had something nutritionally wrong (anemia is precedent in my family and so is diabetes). I went in to see him and within minutes and no blood tests later he handed me antidepressants to take. Being young and naive, I didn't think to question him. I took as prescribed. The next day, I woke to a God-awful headache and called him. I was told he'd call me back. That night, I sat on my bed tracking imaginary butterflies on my ceiling. (No joke) and I couldn't have cared less when my kids actually smacked each other ( never ok in my household) Next day. I called again, said he'd call back. I waited until about 4pm and he hadn't called. At this point, I was supposed to bump up the dosage but feared doing so. I was insistent and threaten to come in to the office personally. That is when he got in the phone screaming at me that obviously I didn't want to help myself by taking the meds. I went for a second opinion to my previous physician and upon seeing my charts he took a culture. Sure enough, strep throat infection was causing my fatigue. I was referred to an ENT and had my tonsils out. Happy to say, I'm rarely sick now. Yaros should have seen the pattern. He failed. In addition, it turns out that I'm allergic to the antidepressant he prescribed. The way I see it, his lack of empathy to my concern put my kids and my life in danger! Seems by the recent reviews he hasn't changed his ways. So sad. And, scary.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I will make it my life's mission to get on every review site and share my family's own horrible experience with this atrocious, arrogant doctor. My father died on his watch -- in spite of my family's repeated calls to his office explaining my dad's condition was worsening in a nursing home. We were told by his staff, "Oh, we don't know his schedule." He must run his office like he does his patients -- He is "King Yaros," answers to no one, cares about no one. Obnoxious "bedside manner", if I can even use that term to describe it. A real discredit to the medical profession. I'm sure his malpractice insurance rates are through the roof -- can not believe this man has practiced for any length of time without more than a few lawsuits thrown his way. AWFUL!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I think someone should report this man to the insurance companies. He will not let you explain issues. He made me feel invisible. I think I am going to switch again. :o(

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I was hoping to get a prescription for stomach pains. I even requested one. He denied my request. I ended up going back to over-the-counter medicines and enduring more pain.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Talks down to you. Unhelpful, Cold, Uncaring. Blamed my illness on me. Stay AWAY!!!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

This Doctor is a disgrace to his profession. Besides his unbelievable arrogance and having the beside manor of a Rottweiler, I truely believe he just doesn't care about his patients, especially the elderly. He's the attending physician at a local nursing home, and he has no sense of urgency, regardless of the situation. He doesn't let the patient speak, let alone actually listen to what they have to say. Forget follow up - he doesn't return calls at all. I wouldn't let this man treat my Dog, let alone a family member! Think Twice about seeking treatment from this man. I have never been so appalled by a member of the medical community in all my life.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

He doesn't respond to calls, don't bother leaving a message. When he does actually give you the time of day, he won't order the correct tests or refer you to the right specialists. Finally saw another doctor and I'm getting the care that I need. Don't bother with Yaros, unless you're otherwise healthy and just want routine exams. If you have any concerns seek someone that is knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Dr. Yaros has been my primary care provider for 12 years. He is very thorough in explaining everything to me and takes a great deal of time with me. He is willing to listen and even more willing to talk. He is smart and thoughtful. He has referred me for appropriate tests and procedures without hesitation. His staff has always been friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Be very carefull if you are his patient. He does not like to refer any patients to a specialist. This could leed to a disaster if you have a serious problem that the doctor is not well versed in. The doctor also does not like to order diagnostic tests. Push him if you have a problem. Good luck.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. John Yaros's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)