Ratings for Betty Ann McPherson
Yes, you are correct. I am a Registered Psychotherapist. I have asked to have my name removed from the listing a number of times as they have me listed as a Psychologists - which I have never been nor have ever claimed to be. There is a distinction between the two professionals. Psychologists can offer psychological assessments and diagnosis. Psychotherapists work from the perspective of providing psychotherapy or counselling services. And a psychiatrist can offer assessments, diagnosis and medication (if required). As mental health professionals, we are forthright and honest about our credentials and capabilities. If you have any questions about a professional's qualifications or field of expertise, ask. Psychiatrists, social workers, psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors all have particular designations. Unfortunately, the internet takes liberties (often without permission) in publishing information which is inaccurate and misinformed. When you are seeking advice or assistance from a mental health professional, do your due diligence. Ask the appropriate questions - but more than anything, make sure you have a therapeutic alliance or connection with that mental health professional. If you have that connection, you are 80% of the way there. The other 20% requires commitment and hard work.
Betty Ann was extremely helpful to me in the aftermath of the death of my son after a motor vehicle accident. I was new to counselling and was not sure whether it would be helpful to me after such a terrible event in my life. I had completely lost hope. I cannot say enough about Betty Ann. She was compassionate, understanding and patient. She never made me feel crazy, at a time when I felt as though I was losing my mind. Her knowledge and skills provided me with a sounding board for advice and insight. I don't know what I would do without her. I know that I have a difficult path ahead of me, but I realize now that there is hope even after a terrible event like this which has left my family sad, devastated and empty at times. I know that Betty Ann will be there, if I should need her assistance again in the future. I highly recommend her support.
Yes, I am not a doctor, as indicated, and I do have a Masters degree. I had not authorized my name nor my credentials to be up on this website. As for being money hungry, you will find that most, including myself, independent therapists do a huge volume of pro-bono work, and volunteer work within our community. We work in this field because we are passionate about people and helping people. If you were not happy with the services, it is up to you to speak up and ask for what you need. I hope that your continued path of healing is a more positive experience.
For one she is not a Doctor. She only has her Masters. 100% money hungry. Tells you the same advice over and over again. Her resources are very limited. Very disappointed in the services I received.
Betty Ann is really the best psychologist I have ever had! She is very caring, supportive, and non-judgemental and it is obvious that she is beyond passionate about what she does. You can tell that she actually pays attention because she will bring up a tiny detail from months before that even you forgot about. She always replies to emails and accommodates you if you need to reschedule an appointment or if you need to see her sooner and she even sends an email the day before your appointment to remind you of it. I don't view my appointments as a chore or something I have to force myself to do because after talking to her, I feel validated and like someone is on my side. She is excellent at challenging negative thought patterns and isn't afraid to push you to your limit to make you realize things and help you become a better person. There's nothing more to say other than the fact that she really is the best!
Betty Ann McPherson's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research