Ratings for Dr. Solomon Ugabi

Dr. Ugabi is extremely rude, not knowledgeable and a pill pusher. He passes everything off and doesn't try to find the root of the problem. He does not take the time to review records, test results or patient files and have to push to get referrals. Has no knowledge or compassion and is extremely rude and condescending. I have never dealt with a doctor like this before and find it appealing he is in our healthcare system. I think he hates woman because he talks down to me and can't stand someone asking questions. While waiting in a room to see him, I have heard him on the phone extremely rude to someone and on another occasion raising his voice and arguing with a woman patient. It is hard to get through to receptionist however, I do always find her very friendly and kind...unlike her husband. Praying for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I always have a great experience with Dr. Ugabi. He always has time for me and I do not feel rushed or that I am taking or wasting his time.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Very helpful and compassionate doctor. His receptionists are very efficient.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I have had Dr ugabi for 5 years . At first he was very clinical compared to my doctor I had my whole life . I find he has come out of his shell. He is less clinical and shows a genuine concern . I find he takes the time to listen and doesn't make me feel like he's in a hurry to get to the next patient How ever it is impossible to get thru on the telephone . You do pretty mucheap have to go to the office to get an appointment. I have been calling for almost two weeks and still unable to get a human . I would say that is my only complaint

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I agree with most of what has already been said about Ugabi; he belittles you and seems to care more about making money than caring for patients. Refuses to discuss mental health issues and seems to know nothing about the medication that I am on because of my mental health problems. He can be rude, and the lady at reception has been rude to me many times over the phone. The only way to get an appointment is to physically walk into the office and talk to the lady, forget about over-the-phone scheduling. Looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Have him don't care for him, had me in tears few times while pregnant, just rude when I asked questions. Don't want to keep him but now I have an infant. Latest experience is I had surgery and having complication and told him and he refused to examine me or test. He said no and refused to think its complication. Trying to get new doc.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

What is the point of having a receptionist if no one answers the phone... It will take you a week just to get an appointment to get a prescription refill. Horrible service!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

It seems like Dr Ugabi cares more about making money than the care of his patients. you can never mention more than one issue at a time even if you feel they are related. I suppose the more times they swipe your medicare card the more they get paid. Not everyone can take time off work for all of these appointments. . I agree with the person below he makes you feel like an idot when you speak to him about a problem. My daughter came out of there more than once in tears. oh and worse of all his staff never ever answers the phones I have tried for weeks to get through to make an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Ugabi has a way of making me feel uncomfortable in his presence. He has a holier-than-thou attitude about him. He never explains test results, just says that everything looks ok. He seems married to his computer, rarely makes eye contact and pumps out my next prescription. He never weighs me or takes my blood pressure, I was chastised for attempting to supply him with information about me from the chart of my former doctor, info that he would not have on me. I don't feel that a doctor's office is the place to promote his religious beliefs. Very dissatisfied with Dr. Ugabi's performance as a professional.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Very long waiting time in order to get an appointment with Dr. Ugabi. You can call several days in a row and get an answering machine. Dr. Ugabi might be extremely rude depends on his mood and what you are asking him for. You will be charged about $50 for most of the documents like immunization and so on. Doesn't care about his patients, he makes you feel more anxious then before visiting him. He makes decisions for you, even though it is your body and you want to be a part of decision - making process. If you don,t agree or try to argue , you will be asked to find another family doctor. I wish to, but we don't have a lot of choice in NB. Very sad.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017