Ratings for Dr. Michael Lyon

Not to be over dramatic - but it is a fact that Dr. Lyon and his staff have saved my life! I am a completely different person, mentally, emotionally and physically than the person who walked into their clinic a year and a half ago. I consider the clinic my home and the staff my family. Anyone willing to do the hard work, commit to a program and not look for "the easy way" ... I guarantee will change their life forever!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Dr. Lyon is a very busy man but he is very knowledgeable and kind. Most of his staff are incredible with exception of the office nutritionist who is either too busy or too uncaring to do a proper job.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

This program is excellent. I personally have become healthy again because of it. I had given up hope and now I am hiking again and even go to the gym. If you take what you learn and do it you will improve your health.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

This team of people are just outstanding in their care, dedication and knowledge. Dr. Lyon is helpful, accessible and really compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr Lyon and staff are awesome. The program has impacted my life in a very positive way. Almost completed my first year and have dropped considerable weight. Been taken off my cholesterol pills. Next goal is to get off my high blood pressure pills.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

The most amazing Doctor you will ever meet in your lifetime. Doctor Lyon and his staff restored my faith in humanity. They are so passionate in helping people and always dedicate their time. Once i recived a follow up email from one of the assistants at 9PM and I've often seen doctor lyon and the other physician ( i forgot his name but he is tall and handsome) staying over time just to issue every patient's problem. Thank you Doctor Lyon and the weight managment clinic's team. You guys changed my life.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

I don't even know how to put into words how amazing Dr. Lyon & his staff are. I have not had the pleasure of meeting any other Dr that cares as much about his patients. The staff don't view me as the lazy, obese woman. They make sure to address every aspect of my physical & mental health that may be contributing to my issues. I have lost 103 pounds in just over 4 months. I want to say a special thank you to Kristyne - she's been amazing as well. If you're thinking about being referred here, do it! It's life changing! Thank you Dr. Lyon! 😃

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr Lyon and his staff are absolutely amazing! I've not found anything to complain about at all. Although each person is extremely busy, I have never felt rushed, had to wait or had anything but kindness, respect and a genuine concern for my well being. In less than three months, I feel like a completely different person. The one on one care I have received, along with the life skills that are taught has saved my life! I don't know how they manage to take such good care of so many people, but they do! If I could give 10 stars I would, they are all already family to me.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Receptionist could use some training in patient care and empathy. This is a very sensitive issue for many of us and I am desperate and at my wits end. I read some great things about the doctor and got excited after reading all these great reviews...I had hope! Only to be shot down in seconds from a rude receptionist because I live out of the province. I never write reviews, but this woman was so rude about it I'll take the time to share this.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr Lyon and staff, are extremely helpful and accommodating They take the time to listen to what I have to say, I never feel like I am being rushed through the office and have their full attention, this is important to me.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Michael Lyon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lyon is a UBC faculty member and is a published researcher in the fields of nutrition, appetite regulation, dietary fiber, and blood sugar regulation. See his list of recent publications: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Michael_Lyon2/publications/ He is Board Certified in Obesity Medicine through the American Board of Obesity Medicine and he completed a three year family practice residency in 1988 and was Board Certified through the American Board of Family Medicine. He has been a National Team Physician and his practice has focussed upon sports and fitness medicine, nutrition, lifestyle modification, addictions, mental health, cognitive behavioral therapy and obesity medicine.

• English
  • French
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese
  • Gujarati
  • Persian

• University of Calgary Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet