Ratings for Dr. Christine E. Winger

I would not recommend Dr. Winger and we need to find another MD. She is very quick and not thorough at all. When I suggested lab work and an exam for my mother, she sarcastically said that she would follow through only to make me happy. The labs returned dangerously low. Thank goodness I insisted on lab work.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

On several occasions Dr. Winger has failed to phone in orders for my important hospital tests. Dr. Wingers secretary has scheduled the Wrong dates for my hospital surgery!! The doctor seems far too busy for her patients! I am currently looking for another doctor!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

This is one cold woman. I h ave been seeing her for more that 5 years now. After each physical, I leave upset about something but haven't changed Dr.'s because I didn't want the hassle. I recently had my last physical with her. She is not prepared when she comes in - is constantly looking at her tablet to try and figure out who you are. She has a finite checklist of what's to be covered during the short time allotted and woe to those who dare ask questions about any additional health concerns. If your questions last too long - she starts looking at her watch to make you feel bad. One year, I had an infected abscess behind one ear. She looked at it and said "It could be drained but I'll give you antibiotics". I then asked her why she wouldn't drain it as it was causing a great deal of discomfort and she replied "because frankly, I don't have the time" and walked out. Shame on me for ever going back.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Winger for about three years. I find her friendly and caring. Her secretary, Larry, is very cheerful as are the techs that prepare you for the doctor. Obviously, I have not had any problems and even recommended her to my daughter. My daughter also likes her.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Dr Winger is not warm adn fuzzy but she is friendly, smart, a great diagnostician and if you need her to listen and spend a little extra time, she definitely will. Ive been a patient for 17 yrs and I think shes great.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Always was able to see the Dr within a few minutes.Staff could smile once in a while, they are not very welcoming. Dr Winger I have found to have a poor bedside manner, very short and curt, and did not listen to me when I told her what has worked for me in the past for treatments. I will immediately be seeking another physician. I dont like feeling like I wasted HER time coming into see her and being told to go home and drink fluids when I have not been feeling well for 7 days. Will need to go to a walk in clinic to get the antibiotic I know will make me feel better.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

She doesn't get involved, she doesn't listen, she's not particularly imaginative.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

Lahey Lexington is not a very friendly place. The receptionists are on the curt side and you'll never get a smile or a friendly face. Calling is another ugly experience, as usually the answering machine takes the messages and they list off a barrage of personal bits of info. (about 7) the caller must provide when leaving a message. It's absolutely ridiculous. On the plus side, I usually am taken on time and that is important to me. I see Dr. Christine Winger. She def. doesn't air on the side of caution. Which most would hope their doctor would. Told me I could start doing pap smears every two years now!! I'm 42!! That was a real shock. I had some concerns with some moles changing and brought those to her attention and after studying it, and saying "hmmmmm" she finally said "it should be fine". I had to take the steps to request a second opinion. Those things raise red flags for me. I will seek another doctor in the near future.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

We have been with her for a while. This doctor is nice and respectful but unfortunately unable to give an accurate diagnosis. She also fails to follow up on medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Christine E. Winger's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Workers Comp