Ratings for Dr. Deborah Y. Wilson

I have been going to see Dr. Wilson in Georgetown for 3 years. While I find her to be capable and knowledgeable, the way her office is run is appalling. Once I was billed $1000 TWICE for the same appointment because her staff failed to correct my insurance after I called in several times. There is an arrogant tech at the G-town location, a short hispanic male in his 30s, who always has an attitude and makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. The wait is usually longer than an hour all told, from signing in to getting tests to waiting for Dr. Wilson's personal visit afterwards. The guy at the front desk is nice but over the phone his English is very hard to understand, which adds to the frustration when there is a billing problem.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

My experience with Dr. Wilson has been one of the worst I have ever had. The waiting room was packed, and appointments had obviously been overbooked. The wait took over an hour. Dr. Wilson's assistant then examined my eyes and gave me the wrong eyeglass prescription. After a another long wait, I finally spoke to Dr. Wilson herself and she said she wanted my doctor's records (I am diabetic). I had to go have a special doctor's appointment, after which it took me MONTHS to get a return call from Dr. Wilson's office - because she was to examine my eyes herself this time (which never happened). My insurance was billed just under $500 for this fiasco, and now when I call to get the corrected prescription I am told that I have to pay an additional $45.00 for it! What??

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Wonderful

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

Dr. Deborah Y. Wilson's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1986)