Ratings for Dr. Raoul E. Pope

I had spinal fusion surgery 12 weeks ago of the c456&7 discs in the spine. I was in awful pain prior to the surgery and had virtually lost the feeling in both my hands. I had put up with this for 4 years and was on heavy duty medication. I saw doctor Pope and he did not just suggest surgery, he wanted to rule out other causes first. Eventually once the results were indicating surgery was the best option I was booked in within 8 weeks. Denise is also someone who makes visiting his rooms a pleasure. She is both personable, helpful and professional. Dr Pope was always punctual and I never felt like he was in a hurry with me. Once I had the surgery I awoke in no pain other than a small amount from the surgical site, but feeling in my arms and hands had returned and I felt overwhelmed with gratitude. I came off all of my pain killers and had my life restored. It's been 15 weeks now since my surgery and I had had no pain since awaking from the anaesthetic. I continue to get stronger and attribute this great success to the professional skills and qualities of Doctor Pope and his team. He is a very humble man who has great empathy and cares for his patients. I live in rural NSW and when I couldn't make a Sydney appointment he would arrange to have an appointment via skype. I have young children and this was extremely helpful because my husband could be present too. I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for Doctor Pope and his team and would highly recommend him to anyone --- well actually I do recommend him to everyone I speak with about my surgery - he gave me my life back and I am one happy camper.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015