Dr. Kerri Novak

5 1 4.3

You may also like

Rate Dr. Kerri Novak

Dr. Kerri Novak's Ratings

I felt like she cared for the patient. She was warm and interested in knowing the reason of my pain. She even realized an ultrasound before the endoscopy and colonoscopy to be sure the pain under my right rib wasn't caused by something else. The team was professional and she seemed involved in all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I had to get an endoscopy done by Dr. Novak. I've never had a procedure like that before so I was afraid. First of all the staff was amazing. One of the nurses came and sat down with me and explained how her endoscopy went, told me everything I needed to know and when my procedure unexpectantly got bumped back an hour due to another procedure taking a little too long the nurses went and found my some magazines and newspapers from elsewhere in the hospital to read. When I went into the room for my procedure Dr. Novak was very warm and kind and de made me feel safe and comfortable, and less afraid. I was very happy with the tentative staff and how they cared about making me feel comfortable and less afraid. The procedure was quick and efficient. And the doctor who referred me (also a gastroenterologist in Calgary) spoke very highly about Dr. Novak. He was right. She even picked up something on her pre-procedure exam that I had not been aware. She was thorough, friendly and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I was really disappointed with my treatment by Dr Novak. She is obviously a very smart woman and a busy doctor but I required a referral to a colorectal surgeon. I was told the referral had gone in, and just to wait. My condition worsened significantly, and upon further investigation by my LTD insurance company, the referral was never processed. I waited 5 months on a referral that had not been completed, and then another 5 months to see the surgeon once the referral was in. During this time I was unable to work and in extreme pain.
It was extremely difficult to contact a human at her office, and it was very frustrating to call daily when I was ill to get some direction. I had to have my GP and an ER doc send a request for her to please get back to me. She is a brilliant woman with a lot on her plate and my care fell through the cracks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I have had chron's since I was 19 and have had a number of gastroenterologists in both Ontario and Alberta. She is by far the most accessible, friendly and reassuring. She is no nonsense with her advice but that is because she appears to truly care about her patients and ensuring that their diseases are properly managed. I would recommend her to anyone with gastro issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

She is more interested in her own career than the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2688866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

She is one of the best dr I have met in my life.she saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2676326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Dr. Novak has literally saved my life. She is wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

Dr. Novak cares, really cares for the well being of her patients. It is rare in our burdened system to find true caring in a doctor but Dr. Novak is a saint. I hope you read this Dr Novak, and internalize the wonderful effect you are having on your challenged patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Her clerk Brenda does not return calls. Her office is disorganized. Dr. Novak was late. Her manner was cold and impersonal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO DR. NOVAK, she was empathetic, incredibly helpful and knowledgable, and helped through a stressful time!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550126].votes_count ]]