Ratings for Dr. Kerri Novak

We spent 12 hours in Emergency and one of the last doctors we saw was Dr. Novak. She did the review of our family member and told us that she would call us 3 days with the results. Four days later we called only to find out she was out of the office for the week. We could not get any information on these results. A week later our family member was still in major pain and we had to go to another doctor for some guidance and further diagnosis. Hard to believe a doctor would not make their patients a priority by leaving these results for another doctor to follow-up.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Phenomenal doctor with a passion for providing quality care to her patients.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr Novak is truly one of the most amazing doctors. Really cares about her patients. And working in the healthcare field myself I know how incredibly busy her clinic is yet she still is the most attentive and personable doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I'd like to thank Dr Kerri Novak and all of the staff. Very first time having anything done. Everybody was soft, gental and caring. Thank you all so much for taking fantastic care me Jenny Griffiths

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Have been waiting for an appointment for going on 4 years and she only takes patients who are urgent and won't fit in returning patients. This is unprofessional

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Useless, strong eger, didn't care how patient feels. Felt she is Racist.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I felt like she cared for the patient. She was warm and interested in knowing the reason of my pain. She even realized an ultrasound before the endoscopy and colonoscopy to be sure the pain under my right rib wasn't caused by something else. The team was professional and she seemed involved in all.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I had to get an endoscopy done by Dr. Novak. I've never had a procedure like that before so I was afraid. First of all the staff was amazing. One of the nurses came and sat down with me and explained how her endoscopy went, told me everything I needed to know and when my procedure unexpectantly got bumped back an hour due to another procedure taking a little too long the nurses went and found my some magazines and newspapers from elsewhere in the hospital to read. When I went into the room for my procedure Dr. Novak was very warm and kind and de made me feel safe and comfortable, and less afraid. I was very happy with the tentative staff and how they cared about making me feel comfortable and less afraid. The procedure was quick and efficient. And the doctor who referred me (also a gastroenterologist in Calgary) spoke very highly about Dr. Novak. He was right. She even picked up something on her pre-procedure exam that I had not been aware. She was thorough, friendly and kind.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I was really disappointed with my treatment by Dr Novak. She is obviously a very smart woman and a busy doctor but I required a referral to a colorectal surgeon. I was told the referral had gone in, and just to wait. My condition worsened significantly, and upon further investigation by my LTD insurance company, the referral was never processed. I waited 5 months on a referral that had not been completed, and then another 5 months to see the surgeon once the referral was in. During this time I was unable to work and in extreme pain. It was extremely difficult to contact a human at her office, and it was very frustrating to call daily when I was ill to get some direction. I had to have my GP and an ER doc send a request for her to please get back to me. She is a brilliant woman with a lot on her plate and my care fell through the cracks.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I have had chron's since I was 19 and have had a number of gastroenterologists in both Ontario and Alberta. She is by far the most accessible, friendly and reassuring. She is no nonsense with her advice but that is because she appears to truly care about her patients and ensuring that their diseases are properly managed. I would recommend her to anyone with gastro issues.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015