Ratings for Dr. John Gonzalez

Dr. Gonzalez is the absolute best! You almost always have to wait a while to see him, but that's just because he REALLY takes his time to talk to you and help you. You will never have a boring visit with Dr. G. I can't say enough great things about him!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

This is the BEST doctor I have ever had. Were a military family and Im actually traveling back to Virginia to have our 4th with him. He is amazingly caring and truly interested in the best and safest possibly deliver for mom and baby.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Truly this man is the best doctor i have ever had. I have been his patient for over 23 years and i have no reason to go anywhere else. If you want a doctor who is kind,funny and really listrns then see doctor Gonzalez. I don't know what i will do when he decides to retire.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

I had many complications that came along with being "advanced maternal age" and having had 2 previous c-sections (I have a little body and huge babies). Dr. Gonzalez was very attentive and knowledgable about everything concerning my pregnancy. He made me feel like I was his only patient. He performed my c-section, the suture looks flawless and is barely visible to those who aren't looking for it. He is one of the "few" physicians I've had over the years that GENUINELY cares about his patiens. He is an EXCELLENT OB/GYN, and I would recommend him to ANYONE looking for a great Dr!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Best doctor I have ever had, and I've had cancer, so I have had a lot of doctors! He is very caring, knows what he's doing, and takes the time to listen to his patients and tries to understand things from their point of view before he gives his opinion. He has helped me a great deal through difficulties conceiving and other challenges. Everyone I know loves him, nurses at the hospital, patients, and those who know him outside of medicine. I highly recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr. Gonzalez was the doctor on call who treated me for a complication I had shortly after I delivered my daughter (delivered by different doc). He was very reassuring, but didn't skip over anything--he gave me the facts. He was also hilarious. Would definitely go to him again.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

John Gonzalez is one of the most caring, knowledgable and competent physician I have ever had the pleasure of taking care of me

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Dr. Gonzalez is by far the best OB/GYN in town! Problem is getting an appt. with him. He is usually booked months in advance. He has delivered 3 of my 4 children and I've never had any problems with him personally. He has also delivered the majority of my nieces and nephews. He has great bedside manners and is always making you laugh no matter what. He takes your concerns serious even if they are silly. IF I were to have any more children he would be the one I'd choose! As far as the staff as his office is concerned. If it weren't for the fact that I love him so much, I wouldn't go there. They are very rude, rushed, and not very helpful. Getting in with him makes up for their lack of proffessionalism.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

This applies to endometriosis patients only. I've heard that Dr. Gonzales is a great OB, and it may be true, but if you have endometriosis or going to have to have a laporoscopy, please contact Endometriosis Association for a referral. This is a complex disease that you need a lot of experience to treat surgically, and most OB/GYNs probably should refer out. My 20-minutes surgery with Dr. Gonzales, to which he was late BTW, put me into two years of non-stop pain. Much worse than I had before the surgery. My subsequent surgeon noted that Dr. Gonzales "left significant amount of disease untreated." On the positive side, he does have a great bedside manner and he did finally provided a diagnose for my pelvic pain, but it also took some time. Looking back at my sign-in sheet for my 1st appt, my symptoms were classic endo symptoms, so I am not sure why it took so long.... BTW, if you have chronic pelvic pain and bad periods, contact Endometriosis Association for a diagnostic kit.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

If you want the best OB/GYN in Manassas hands down Dr Gonzalez is it. Ask anyone that has been to him and they will highly recommned him. He might run a little late but the reason is he truly cares about all his patients and makes time to know them. You feel like he REALLY does care. It is very obvious he loves what he does. Excellent bedside manner and I would trust him with my life. I have been through a pregnancy/c section, 2 miscarriages (one D & C)and a tubal ligation so really 3 surgeries and all have turned out with barely a scar and no complications at all. Very caring and does not make you feel embarassed about anything. They don't get any better than him both as a Dr and person. Great on the eyes and a super sense of humor to boot (which you need sometimes in thsoe settings)!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

Dr. John Gonzalez's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

AARP