Ratings for Dr. Perkash Maheshwari

Dr. Maheshwari takes the time to listen to all your symptoms. Asks questions. Great Bedside manner and easy to confide in. Very personable and knowledgeable with medications. Great with children and very gentle. I highly recommend him as a family physician.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Worst doctor in Edmonton. Prescribed medication which would cause a potentially fatal reaction to the other medication I was taking, and told me I was definitely wrong even when I explained that my cardiologist was the one who said I should not take such medication. I spoke to my cardiologist about this and he told me never to see him again, as he did not seem to understand some very basic medicine, enough that he suspected his credentials were bogus or that he may have cheated on his licensing exam. Menace to society. The positive reviews are probably all bogus and written by him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Someone earlier stated that Dr. Maheshwari didn't provide suitable care with a suspected strep throat case. I had the opposite experience. He asked me several questions, scoped my throat, took my temperature and felt my lymph nodes. Because I was leaving on a trip the next day, he suggested I go to the pharmacy next door and get a 'fast' strep test and gave me a prescription for an anti-biotic and throat wash in case the test proved position, which it did. After starting my prescription, I felt better within a day or so and my trip to Japan wasn't hindered by a missed case of strep throat.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I actually posted it under a wrong doctor's name previously (sorry to Dr. Indraneal Chatterjee) .This is by far the worst doctor I have ever met in Canada. 1 star is too much. He did not even know how to use a thermometer (a nurse showed him in front of my face). He did not listen to me, interrupted me many times, and at the end asked me what I do for living, as if I don't deserve to have any medical knowledge. I told him I am a scientist doing oncology research, and he said he is a oncologist for 15 years, so he knew what he was talking about, which was a plain lie ( he is obviously just a GP). I asked him about the likelyhood for young children to get h. Pylori (since my daughter has stomach ache frequently), he said it is very not likely, which is also a plain lie. Also he refuse to order proper examines for my 5-year-old daughter. He said if I don't believe him, just go to a surgeon to CUT her up, that is the only way to tell why my daughter has the stomach ache. I was extremely offended by this person. I would have filed a formal complaint to the board if I had the time. This is a guy to avoid, do not let his age fool you!!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DOCTOR. Avoid him at all costs! Went there for a simple skin infection. Saw me for a total of ONE minute, prescribed oral antibiotics, and left without saying a word. Didn't even say what he prescribed, didn't say anything about what else I should do for the infection. I had to ask him what the medicine was (oral antibiotics) and how I should care for the wound (he said do nothing). Four days later, the wound still was slightly swollen. My family's friend is a doctor and he immediately told me to apply a warm compress everyday to help drainage for the wound and obviously clean it, like any competent doctor would. Well Maheshwari didn't, delayed my healing for days, had a terrible attitude, overall unbelievably bad experience.

Submitted July 20, 2016

One of the best Family doc I have ever had. He was very thorough with my first visit and always is each time I visit. I don't ever feel rushed when go to him. He listens to me and I really feel at ease. He is the only Doc who has managed to keep my anemia in control. We really need more doctors like him. Thank you Doc.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Having him as a family doctor is great! I always leave feeling like I'm pointed in the right direction. He always remembers me and makes seeing the doctor a better experience.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I waited two hours in the walk-in clinic, and when I finally saw him, was given less than five minutes of his time. Felt very rushed, and also that my concerns weren't dealt with the thoroughness that I like from a good doctor. Pleasant manners though.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr maheshwari is just the best. He is very kind knowledgeable. He will give u the right answers and if he has to refer to specialist he will. He is our family Dr very good with my lil son he tool care through out my prenatal. And postnatal check ups too. I trusted him more than my gynec

Submitted March 11, 2015

Dr. Maheswari seems like a pleasant, kind, caring and knowledgeable physician, who is thorough with his examinations. Very easy to talk to, listens well and helps with any forms that need to be filled. Very compassionate and has great bed side manners. I am very happy to have found this physician just in time when my regular physician retired. Good Luck to the entire team of new Dominion clinic in Magrath. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014