Ratings for Dr. Willem Van Wyk

After all the many many different Drs we have seen we had started to give up hope that there was at least one Dr out there that still had a drive to learn and teach and passion the passion and care to invest so much time and effort into his patients. So Far Dr Van Wyk has helped my husband immeasurably and is a name often brought up in our household. So thankyou Dr Van Wyk you are one of the rare Drs out there and cannot thankyou enough for the treatment and techniques you share with my husband and myself. Blessings

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr Van Wyk was a miracle that helped my son when no other specialist would. He has his style and way about him and we respected that and he absolutely came through for our family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I really dont understand thee bad reviews about this Dr. I've been seeing him for a year now, as both an inpatient and an outpatient and he has been exceptional. Dr Van Wyk has taken the time to really get to understand my symptoms and manage them with appropriate medication. Most people on here have complained about Dr Van Wyks bedside manner but many times he has finished an appointment by reasurring me that I dont have to manage my symptoms all alone. I think people want a Dr who is nice and fuzzy all the time and smiles a lot, but does nice and fuzzy always get the job done and ensure that the best medical decisions are being made? I think not. I would rather a Dr who reassurred me when needed but spent most of his energy thinking about symptom presentation and medicine and this is what Dr Van Wyk does. Thanks to Dr Van Wyk for all his efforts.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Excellent doctor, down to earth easy to talk to . Took me a number of years to find him, but think he is great for me.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr Van Wyk has been a great psychiatrist for me. He's a bit of an awkward man and doesn't have a great bedside manner, but has helped save my life. Runs late, but also runs over time with me if I need it.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

If you read a positive review for this charlatan, I can guarantee it would have been written by him !!! A good example of this is the review below, and I quote "Always on time..." I fell off my chair with laughter. If you have a spare $200 or so and 5 mins to waste, pop in to see Dr Will. You will come away feeling worse than when you went in.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Always on time. Blunt and challenging, but immensely knowledgeable and has always done right by me.

Submitted May 8, 2016

Van Wyk should never be practicing and should be bard from the medical society as he has got be the worst psycharist possible. He has absolutely no people skills and won't even look at you when speaks. He thinks evertything is in your head......hello that's why you come to see him for help in the first place . He's condescending, judgemental and has no interest in what you have to say. All I can say is please find someone else for help because if you see him you'll come out feeling far worse than before you saw him. I wish there was a zero to rate him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Cannot thank Dr Van Wyk enough for what he has done. Been seeing him for over 2 years and I am saying with full gratitude, that he saved my life. From chronic depression & hospitlisation 5 times - I am now living a happy life & even studying at university. He is a very knowledgable man & although he can be blunt - which can be hurtful.. it's what you need to hear. Recovery is tough, psychiatrists are supposed to challenge & help you, not be your friend and he played his role exceptionally well. Thank you Dr Van Wyk.

Submitted May 20, 2015

There are good aspects to him and bad. to me the bad outweight the good. he was good for medications and I thank him for that but his people skills are terrible. He would not be open minded he would go on tangents about things that where not even bothering me and I would come out feeling like I had nothing accomplished. He is always late! always. To me there is many better drs out there so I would choose another one!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015