Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Berard

Dr. Berard is simply the best...kind, compassionate, knowledgeable. He will call you at home in the evening to discuss test results, or personally check on you if you had a health scare. I am not worried about the staff--good or bad--because he is the reason I go. Cannot recommend highly enough.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Long wait time. Not very professional when he tried to talk me out of surgery at one hospital where my surgeon has privileges and kept mentioning another hospital.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Great doctor, and staff, have been with him for about ten or more years

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

I agree with the other comments about Dr. Berard. He is a very good doctor, who is very caring and thorough. The problems are with his office. If you want a physical, you need to schedule it 6 months in advance. Also, he is the only doctor in the practice. He never replaced the one that left, and I have heard that both of his NP's are gone too. So all in all, a very good doctor but he needs someone to manage his practice and get some help. Also, I have heard his manager talk about patients and their health conditions outside of the office. She did not realize I was a patient, so she felt free to talk about them! I just wonder how many patients she discusses with other people. It did not make me feel very good about dr./patient relations.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

He is the best doctor you could have. He does everything he can to help you with you needs. You cant find a better doctor in College Park. I would DEFINITELY recommend him to anyone who is looking for a doctor. He is the best and everyone should know him.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

I actually have never seen Dr. Berard. I go to Mary Kay or Mary Ellen and they are wonderful -lovely bedside manner and always very caring and knowledgeable. They are worth the wait –bring a book/magazine to read in the examining room though. I agree about the front office staff they tend to be rude and unhelpful. I wish they were as friendly as the nurse practitioners and doctors!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

A truly knowledgeable doctor who is caring and compassionate. I had several doctors before him but none was as knowledgeable as Dr. Berard. But his staff is awful. The manager should not be in Healthcare industry instead work at a **** shop. The other staff put people down regularly by commenting that they are having such a good service from the Dr. Berard then why people are complaining. I only go because of Dr. Berard and his professionalism. I will continue to see him because I can depend on him.But Dr. Berard should pay attention to his staff and send them to training and also have a PABX that records all of the conversation for him so that he can review their behavior.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Haven't seen Dr. Berard himself but I have been to his practioner, Mary Ellen. She is nice but I don't feel like I ever get adequate service. If your illness falls out of the normal scope of possibilities, it feels as if she gives up and leaves you looking for specialists to handle the issues. Although she is nice, the front staff are absolutely rude! Especially the young lady that sits at the front, if you call she has an attitude, while you're there she has an attitude.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

This was my first doctor ever and he, along with his staff are very curt and oftentimes blatantly rude. I have spent upwards of four hours in this office waiting to be seen by the doctor for about 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

I started going to Dr. Berard five years ago. Dr. Berard is the best doctor. He is very compassionate. Whenever I visit him, he makes sure that all my questions regarding my health concerns are answered.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Michael J. Berard's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)