You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Brian J. MacLean

There are a lot of great reviews here and I agree with each and every one of them. To keep it short, I went undiagnosed for a variety of issues following an MVA almost 5 years ago. Dr.Maclean has been my saving grace and has single handedly helped me overcome certain hurdles when it felt like no one else was helping. In all, he is a fantastic doctor and sees you as a person not as a problem to fix.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

I was happy to have met a person like Dr. MacLean. After a few appointments I found that he had assisted in steering my life upward and in the right direction. We spoke about nutrition, exercise, and mindfulness. He introduced the concept of self - regulation and personal responsibility. He really got "things" going. No longer could I be considered lost. I will always appreciate Him for this.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Dr. Brian MacLean is an amazing man. Every time I see him, it feels like I am seeing a friend. He is very professional, always attacking (analyzing my answers and gives constructive feedback) my problem(s) with accuracy. He is very respectful of my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that I read my Holy Bible daily, never once has he discouraged me from the word of God. He has helped me immensely up to this date from when I first started seeing him in 2012. We all have unique mental health issues, and I feel that Dr. MacLean assess' each of them according to my personal triggers. He does not help me with a generic form. I am great full to have him as my doctor. One other note, the office staff are great people, always cheerful when checking in, comforting to talk with.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr.MacLean has been unbelievable. i hit a sort of rock bottom a year ago with depression and anxiety and i have zero doubts that if it wasnt for my sessions with Dr. MacLean i wouldnt be doing as well as i am now. im back on track with my life and its all thanks to him. he helped me to be able to focus and study again. he helped ,y take back control. he is incredibly easy to talk to and has the knowledge and personal experience to back up what he tells you.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

As someone with a PhD and extensive experience with the health care system I feel well positioned ro recommend Dr. Maclean. I was involved in a MVA 14 years ago and have struggled with symptoms of a mild traumatic brain injury since that time. As a result of my injuries I have been exposed to a wide range of treatment professionals of varying skill levels. Dr. Maclean provided me with neuro-feedback and counselling for an extended period of time. Brian exhibits a remarkable understanding of the human mind and is incredibly skilled at helping clients understand and deal with a broad range of issues that arise. Brian also understands that there are no silver bullets and that different approaches will work best with different clients and issues. This understanding and approach combined with his remarkable understanding of the human mind truly sets Dr. Maclean apart. Brian's knowledge is only matched by his caring and compassion. I highly recommend Dr. Maclean without reservation.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr. MacLean is and has been a tremendous help with the relationship between my husband and myself. It has been very challenging understanding the condition and effects of PTSD. Dr. MacLean has been very patient taking the time to explain this condition and teach us ways to work through the triggers. He has a very empathetic way of encouraging us to find ways that work for us, to grow individually and as a couple. We are learning coping tools and self-awareness as a result of time spent in office visits with Dr. MacLean and his referrals to appropriate workbooks, workshops and exercises. I truly appreciate the skill, knowledge and professional attitude displayed by Dr. MacLean and we are so very grateful to have this opportunity and assistance.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

An ultimate professional! Initially, Dr. MacLean takes the time to create a calm, relaxing, safe and confidential enviornment in which to resolve issues. He is an exceptional analytical thinker/listener, who has highly honed these skills enabling him to adapt specific methods and approachs to the benefit of his clients. He is open-minded, non-judgemental, friendly, however, holds individuals accountable when appropriate. He constatly displays the desire to genuinly help his clients, his sincerity in this regard is unwavering. He is not a clock watcher, direct result his clients get his all, each visit. He is a life long learner, who displays this continually through the new innovative and creative approaches utilized. An aside, he has also hired exceptional support staff who help with all needs.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Very knowledgeable an understanding. Never rushes you or cuts you off, willing to spend the time to listen to you. More than willing to meet in public as well as the office, an is there with you to try the different tools taught to deal with my PTSD in public, as a support if needed.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. MacLean by far is one of the most professional, knowledgeable down to earth psychologists I have met. He's been my dr for approx 5 yrs.I was diagnosed with PTSD, (major) depression, anxiety and agoraphobia just to mention a few of my medical issues through military service. I have pretty much been seeing him on a weekly basis. He totally understands my issues and he has helped me in more ways then one, to understand and how to live with my conditions. I always look forward to seeing him. I have never in my life had a professional go out of his way to see me/help me, when I'm at my worst. Not always, do I go to his office for our sessions, we also go off-site just so he can teach me and show me how to live with my conditions and not to allow my inner Demons to control my life.He treats you a human being and like a friend (in a professional sense). He's not like some Drs. that just spend there allowable time limit with you. With him, there is no time limit. He makes time for you.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Maclean is one of those professionals who really make that word reflect what he represents. After suffering for many years with PTSD and OSI, it was he who helped me both recognize it and move forward with my life. Always the professional’s professional, he takes the time to listen and involve you in the process of both self-realization while encouraging you to keep your dignity and pride and believing in yourself. He has to date helped me become more like the man I used to be, while not interfering with my growth and my moving forward in life. The ease to which he makes one feel while working one on one is nothing short than fantastic and his own personality shines through so you do not get that “clinical” feeling when speaking with him, it is more to me like a caring friend who seems to have most if not all the answers. I would and will recommend Dr. Maclean to anyone who needs to he heard in finding their own path to success and to whom they need to be once again.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Brian J. MacLean's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr MacLean's for 4 years and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for some support, guidance and perspective. I burnt out ba..."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are ready to change your life for the better, to be all that you have ever dreamed, Dr.MacLean is the person to help you. His knowledge, patience, and ki..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I probably couldn't adequately explain how much Brian has helped me. I came to him disoriented after the severe after-effects of trauma, gained as I served in A..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brian has been a most positive influence in our lives, both on a personal therapy level and for my son. \I came to see Brian at a very low point in my life. ..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is true, within the first few minutes of meeting; Brian’s kind, gentle and relaxing nature instantly ensures you a safe place to share your personal journey...."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Anthony Dugbartey is under investigation for Fabricating a Psychiatrist HPRB Decision 2013-HPA-008 in a Child Abuse File."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the moment that I stepped into Brian's office I felt at ease. He had a welcoming hand shake of an old friend and a smile of a distant bother. I have had ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Pls doc. Tell me who a guy like me a injured combat vet, canadian has been a guinipig since 2003 with meds of all sorts and still I can't find someone in your p..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brian (letting us call him by his first name has made the relationship that much easier and more relaxed) has been working with my brain-damaged daughter for ab..."

December 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I began seeing Dr Maclean after the most difficult and stressful time in my life. Brian helped me deal with my stress and cope with the aftermath of my poor dec..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. MacLean over the summer of 2014 about issues both personal and professional. I can say this about Dr. MacLean: His manner is calm, and understated, and ..."

September 25, 2014
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://behavioralmedicinebc.com". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V9B 1T2". Address has been updated from "None" to "Suite 218 - 284 Helmcken Rd.". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "250-514-7222".

September 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The previous comments say it all quite well. I am ex-military with major depression and PTSD, and I strongly recommend Dr. Brian Maclean. The most helpful, u..."

September 4, 2014