You may also like

If you are ready to change your life for the better, to be all that you have ever dreamed, Dr.MacLean is the person to help you. His knowledge, patience, and kindness will guide you on your journey. I have been doing biofeedback with Dr.MacLean for five months and my life has improved 100%. I am dyslexic which affects my reading, writing, and speech. After five months, I have published an article in a magazine, gone back to school, and can speak with ease. I also have arthritis and have pain all through my body, but I eat better with Dr.MacLean's help, and am now training for an triathlon.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I probably couldn't adequately explain how much Brian has helped me. I came to him disoriented after the severe after-effects of trauma, gained as I served in Afghanistan and from a chaotic and grueling early life and childhood. PTSD is not something you can understand easily; it is part of an entire system of reactions within and outside the body. It affects and alters structures within the mind and one's understanding of one's place in and relation to society, undermining the very structures we place between ourselves and the kind of disarray in self-identity that can lead to despair, loss of hope, and perhaps suicide. Somehow, with his compassionate understanding Brian has come between me and that experience. He is not the usual psychologist, who condescends. Despite witnessing the worst of my symptoms, he has remained like a compassionate friend. I am a person with multiple reasons to be marginalized within society, but my experience and voice and perspective are no less important to him than his own. He makes me feel that in the maelstrom of my own experience, there is someone who remains unmoved, and still loves me. Perhaps one day I can learn to be that person, too. Dr. MacLean's sophisticated brain-imaging equipment (which he applies gently) and his knowledge of cutting-edge research in multiple fields relating to mood management and self-regulation make him the most desirable resource you could have in your healing process. He's given me more insight into my physiological processes, i.e., my own body, than my doctors have ever done, which has a huge effect on how my traumatic experiences are stored and managed. And he is the least arrogant person one could imagine with his expertise. I am not sure how I stumbled into seeing this particular doctor: I have no special connections or resources. Problems of trauma, feeling, reaction and anger are not simple and one-dimensional, and we live in a quick-fix binary culture that will attempt to grind down and destroy divergent thinking, ways of being, and experience. Brian honours your humanity while perhaps helping you find a way through it that is bearable, meaningful, and maybe even fun. His office staff are a pleasure to deal with and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

Brian has been a most positive influence in our lives, both on a personal therapy level and for my son. \I came to see Brian at a very low point in my life. \he offered incredible insights and strategic methods to not only face my suffering but come out of it. He offered a bright light in my darkness and acted as guide,mentor, and knowledge person regarding the human mind and psyche. we owe a debt of gratitude for your work with us. many thanks Brian. you are a wonderful gift to all who en counter you. cheers,

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

It is true, within the first few minutes of meeting; Brian’s kind, gentle and relaxing nature instantly ensures you a safe place to share your personal journey. I was married for 33 years, the last half having a less than desirable history. I never felt judged or guided by Brian’s personal thoughts. Instead, he allowed me to grieve, and feel the pain, anger and frustration that I needed to express. He introduced various stress reduction techniques. It was not only fun, but very helpful. Brian shared with me that there are situations in life when I just need to move into a place of acceptance – regardless of how hard I tried. I was destined for disappointment, rejection and emotional isolation. Brian also has a fabulous sense of humour and I always left our meetings feeling valued and respected. I am grateful for his friendship, and for giving me the encouragement, support, and skills to start putting my life back together. There are more challenges ahead to navigate. However, I take with me every day so many profound insights and thoughts learned, giving me the strength needed to move forward. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Brian’s assistance to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

From the moment that I stepped into Brian's office I felt at ease. He had a welcoming hand shake of an old friend and a smile of a distant bother. I have had no hesitations allowing myself to open up with Brian, his in depth knowledge of both PTSD and Relationship Counselling has saved a new relationship while providing subtle guidance down a gentler path of live. It has been my utmost pleasure working with Dr. MacLean over the last seven months. I look forward to every visit and would recommend Brian to anyone of my family or friends. I give Dr. MacLean the highest of all ratings.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Brian (letting us call him by his first name has made the relationship that much easier and more relaxed) has been working with my brain-damaged daughter for about 10 years off and on. Through neurofeedback and talk therapy, he moved her from an angry, stressed individual to a well-functioning independent and unique person. Recently she had a relapse following the death of her father and a difficult summer and we have returned to treatment, knowing how effective it was in the past. We cannot recommend Dr. MacLean more highly.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I began seeing Dr Maclean after the most difficult and stressful time in my life. Brian helped me deal with my stress and cope with the aftermath of my poor decision making. Brian Listened to what I said and was empathetic. I had never been to therapy or counseling or any kind of help for my mental health, and Brian was very welcoming and understanding of any reservations that I had. looking back, If not for Brian's caring, compassion and understanding of my situation I don't know how things would have turned out for me. If someone was ever looking for a professional Psychologist that had friendly staff and makes time to work with your schedule and really help with any problems or issues you may have I would recommend Brian MacLean a hundred time over.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Saw Dr. MacLean over the summer of 2014 about issues both personal and professional. I can say this about Dr. MacLean: His manner is calm, and understated, and he guides your conversation with subtle prompts that lead to profound insights. Many times it was only later after our visit that I would realize just how meaningful and applicable our discussion had been. He does not impose. He rather allows you to arrive at conclusions that are right for you under his guidance and by means of helpful feedback. My wife has urged me to continue with Dr. MacLaean because of how our marriage has improved since I began to see him, and my relationships with colleagues and students has improved in ways that I never expected. (I also like his receptionist, by the way. An exceedingly kind and helpful woman.)

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

The previous comments say it all quite well. I am ex-military with major depression and PTSD, and I strongly recommend Dr. Brian Maclean. The most helpful, understanding and personable doctor I have seen.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

There are a lot of great reviews here and I agree with each and every one of them. To keep it short, I went undiagnosed for a variety of issues following an MVA almost 5 years ago. Dr.Maclean has been my saving grace and has single handedly helped me overcome certain hurdles when it felt like no one else was helping. In all, he is a fantastic doctor and sees you as a person not as a problem to fix.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Brian J. MacLean's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are ready to change your life for the better, to be all that you have ever dreamed, Dr.MacLean is the person to help you. His knowledge, patience, and ki..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I probably couldn't adequately explain how much Brian has helped me. I came to him disoriented after the severe after-effects of trauma, gained as I served in A..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brian has been a most positive influence in our lives, both on a personal therapy level and for my son. \I came to see Brian at a very low point in my life. ..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is true, within the first few minutes of meeting; Brian’s kind, gentle and relaxing nature instantly ensures you a safe place to share your personal journey...."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Anthony Dugbartey is under investigation for Fabricating a Psychiatrist HPRB Decision 2013-HPA-008 in a Child Abuse File."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the moment that I stepped into Brian's office I felt at ease. He had a welcoming hand shake of an old friend and a smile of a distant bother. I have had ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Pls doc. Tell me who a guy like me a injured combat vet, canadian has been a guinipig since 2003 with meds of all sorts and still I can't find someone in your p..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brian (letting us call him by his first name has made the relationship that much easier and more relaxed) has been working with my brain-damaged daughter for ab..."

December 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I began seeing Dr Maclean after the most difficult and stressful time in my life. Brian helped me deal with my stress and cope with the aftermath of my poor dec..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. MacLean over the summer of 2014 about issues both personal and professional. I can say this about Dr. MacLean: His manner is calm, and understated, and ..."

September 25, 2014
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://behavioralmedicinebc.com". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V9B 1T2". Address has been updated from "None" to "Suite 218 - 284 Helmcken Rd.". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "250-514-7222".

September 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The previous comments say it all quite well. I am ex-military with major depression and PTSD, and I strongly recommend Dr. Brian Maclean. The most helpful, u..."

September 4, 2014