You may also like

Rate Dr. Brian J. MacLean

Dr. Brian J. MacLean's Ratings

Brian has been a most positive influence in our lives, both on a personal therapy level and for my son. \I came to see Brian at a very low point in my life. \he offered incredible insights and strategic methods to not only face my suffering but come out of it. He offered a bright light in my darkness and acted as guide,mentor, and knowledge person regarding the human mind and psyche. we owe a debt of gratitude for your work with us. many thanks Brian. you are a wonderful gift to all who en counter you. cheers,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

It is true, within the first few minutes of meeting; Brian’s kind, gentle and relaxing nature instantly ensures you a safe place to share your personal journey. I was married for 33 years, the last half having a less than desirable history. I never felt judged or guided by Brian’s personal thoughts. Instead, he allowed me to grieve, and feel the pain, anger and frustration that I needed to express. He introduced various stress reduction techniques. It was not only fun, but very helpful. Brian shared with me that there are situations in life when I just need to move into a place of acceptance – regardless of how hard I tried. I was destined for disappointment, rejection and emotional isolation.

Brian also has a fabulous sense of humour and I always left our meetings feeling valued and respected. I am grateful for his friendship, and for giving me the encouragement, support, and skills to start putting my life back together. There are more challenges ahead to navigate. However, I take with me every day so many profound insights and thoughts learned, giving me the strength needed to move forward. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Brian’s assistance to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

From the moment that I stepped into Brian's office I felt at ease. He had a welcoming hand shake of an old friend and a smile of a distant bother. I have had no hesitations allowing myself to open up with Brian, his in depth knowledge of both PTSD and Relationship Counselling has saved a new relationship while providing subtle guidance down a gentler path of live. It has been my utmost pleasure working with Dr. MacLean over the last seven months.
I look forward to every visit and would recommend Brian to anyone of my family or friends.
I give Dr. MacLean the highest of all ratings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Brian (letting us call him by his first name has made the relationship that much easier and more relaxed) has been working with my brain-damaged daughter for about 10 years off and on. Through neurofeedback and talk therapy, he moved her from an angry, stressed individual to a well-functioning independent and unique person. Recently she had a relapse following the death of her father and a difficult summer and we have returned to treatment, knowing how effective it was in the past. We cannot recommend Dr. MacLean more highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2653121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I began seeing Dr Maclean after the most difficult and stressful time in my life. Brian helped me deal with my stress and cope with the aftermath of my poor decision making. Brian Listened to what I said and was empathetic. I had never been to therapy or counseling or any kind of help for my mental health, and Brian was very welcoming and understanding of any reservations that I had. looking back, If not for Brian's caring, compassion and understanding of my situation I don't know how things would have turned out for me. If someone was ever looking for a professional Psychologist that had friendly staff and makes time to work with your schedule and really help with any problems or issues you may have I would recommend Brian MacLean a hundred time over.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Saw Dr. MacLean over the summer of 2014 about issues both personal and professional. I can say this about Dr. MacLean: His manner is calm, and understated, and he guides your conversation with subtle prompts that lead to profound insights. Many times it was only later after our visit that I would realize just how meaningful and applicable our discussion had been. He does not impose. He rather allows you to arrive at conclusions that are right for you under his guidance and by means of helpful feedback. My wife has urged me to continue with Dr. MacLaean because of how our marriage has improved since I began to see him, and my relationships with colleagues and students has improved in ways that I never expected. (I also like his receptionist, by the way. An exceedingly kind and helpful woman.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

The previous comments say it all quite well. I am ex-military with major depression and PTSD, and I strongly recommend Dr. Brian Maclean. The most helpful, understanding and personable doctor I have seen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

There are a lot of great reviews here and I agree with each and every one of them.
To keep it short, I went undiagnosed for a variety of issues following an MVA almost 5 years ago. Dr.Maclean has been my saving grace and has single handedly helped me overcome certain hurdles when it felt like no one else was helping.

In all, he is a fantastic doctor and sees you as a person not as a problem to fix.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

I was happy to have met a person like Dr. MacLean. After a few appointments I found that he had assisted in steering my life upward and in the right direction. We spoke about nutrition, exercise, and mindfulness. He introduced the concept of self - regulation and personal responsibility. He really got "things" going. No longer could I be considered lost. I will always appreciate Him for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2471620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

Dr. Brian MacLean is an amazing man. Every time I see him, it feels like I am seeing a friend. He is very professional, always attacking (analyzing my answers and gives constructive feedback) my problem(s) with accuracy. He is very respectful of my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that I read my Holy Bible daily, never once has he discouraged me from the word of God. He has helped me immensely up to this date from when I first started seeing him in 2012. We all have unique mental health issues, and I feel that Dr. MacLean assess' each of them according to my personal triggers. He does not help me with a generic form. I am great full to have him as my doctor. One other note, the office staff are great people, always cheerful when checking in, comforting to talk with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2190224].votes_count ]]