Ratings for Dr. Robert Campbell

After TWO Operations to treat Herniated Inter-vertebral Discs, a decade apart.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr Campbell is blunt, not rude! And he does care for his patients, he has been checking on my husband in the middle of the night! I like frankness, so I appreciate his manners. And he does have a sense of humour. He's just very busy, if he looks after all his patients the way he looks after my husband, not sure he has much time for pep talk, that's all.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

An absolute arrogant man.trying to make out all in my head and 4 mri results were rubbish reports.suggested I go door knocking to find someone to operate on me as he won’t,have bulging discs and annular tear and he says I have none of it even though I’m in severe pain and reports say so too.told me if I was the queen or a millionaire he wouldn’t touch me.well let me tell you something if I was a millionaire I wouldn’t allow u to touch me

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Pre-surgery review. I am so pleased with seeing Dr Robert Campbell. I have confidence in him and I look forward to having my surgery. No way have I found him arrogant or dismissive of my complaints or issue at hand, and he has a nice joking side to him also. I have found the staff to be extremely professional, very helpful and friendly. Leanne Addison

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

I was referred to Dr Campbell for the removal of a pituitary tumour which was impacting upon my sight. I was so impressed with his knowledge and explanation of the condition and the process which he would undertake to improve my eyesight. He provided readings and ensured I had a very clear understanding of the surgery. After surgery, he visited each day to discuss recovery and after leaving hospital his practice nurse regularly called to check on recovery. Dr Campbell achieved an excellent outcome for me - my sight has improved dramatically. He is clearly a very talented and brilliant surgeon who is very focussed on achieving the best outcome.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Amazing doctor. My daughter had surgery for her chiari and syrinx. The outcome was just perfect, she has no more headaches or pain.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

If any of my family ever needed back surgery I would insist on no one other than Dr Campbell. He is phenomenal, and god in my eyes. While his bedside manner comes off cool (he's not rude, I just don't think he suffers fools, he doesn't have the time I assume), it is nil reflection on his abilities. I was recommended Dr Campbell by a friend who had had the same surgery and a great outcome. Im very happy I went with that recommendation. Im now 4 months post op, feeling incredible, and I owe it to him. He has incredible knowledge, I had a huge herniation and during surgery he found my vertebral end plate had herniated. The physio overheard him explaining to me what he'd found and on the way out asked him what he had done to it, when the physio came in he told me I was really fortunate to have such a brilliant surgeon to treat that particular issue and what he had done would minimise the risk of a reherniation greatly. At the end of the day you only have one back, do your research, pay top dollar if you have to. I could not more highly recommend this Surgeon, he has changed my life. His nurses are also wonderful too, they call frequently and they are happy to answer any questions. And his assistant surgeon (a lady, I cant recall her name) made up for his cool approach, she was very warm, they make a great team and I cant thank them enough. The only negative was lateness (my surgery was delayed about 8hrs and my initial apt was 90mins delayed) but I expect and accept that when he is the level he is in his field. Every other aspect was exceptional.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

the rudest doctor I have ever been to. I too left feeling angry. I would not so much as give him a rating of 1.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I left feeling angry. No bedside manner what so ever. No help at all. Wasn't interested in anything I had to say it what previous reports said. And when I did start to say something he didn't agree with would smirk and cut me off. Then slugged with a hefty consult fee from a receptionist who obviously hadn't had her coffee break yet.Id rather live with my back pain than have to go back to see him again. !!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I don't believe there is a better neurosurgeon in Brisbane. He has incredible knowledge , a wealth of experience and an international network of colleagues with him to consult. He genuinely cares for his patients and works towards the best possible outcomes for all of them.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016