Ratings for Dr. Robert Campbell

Amazing doctor. My daughter had surgery for her chiari and syrinx. The outcome was just perfect, she has no more headaches or pain.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

If any of my family ever needed back surgery I would insist on no one other than Dr Campbell. He is phenomenal, and god in my eyes. While his bedside manner comes off cool (he's not rude, I just don't think he suffers fools, he doesn't have the time I assume), it is nil reflection on his abilities. I was recommended Dr Campbell by a friend who had had the same surgery and a great outcome. Im very happy I went with that recommendation. Im now 4 months post op, feeling incredible, and I owe it to him. He has incredible knowledge, I had a huge herniation and during surgery he found my vertebral end plate had herniated. The physio overheard him explaining to me what he'd found and on the way out asked him what he had done to it, when the physio came in he told me I was really fortunate to have such a brilliant surgeon to treat that particular issue and what he had done would minimise the risk of a reherniation greatly. At the end of the day you only have one back, do your research, pay top dollar if you have to. I could not more highly recommend this Surgeon, he has changed my life. His nurses are also wonderful too, they call frequently and they are happy to answer any questions. And his assistant surgeon (a lady, I cant recall her name) made up for his cool approach, she was very warm, they make a great team and I cant thank them enough. The only negative was lateness (my surgery was delayed about 8hrs and my initial apt was 90mins delayed) but I expect and accept that when he is the level he is in his field. Every other aspect was exceptional.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

the rudest doctor I have ever been to. I too left feeling angry. I would not so much as give him a rating of 1.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I left feeling angry. No bedside manner what so ever. No help at all. Wasn't interested in anything I had to say it what previous reports said. And when I did start to say something he didn't agree with would smirk and cut me off. Then slugged with a hefty consult fee from a receptionist who obviously hadn't had her coffee break yet.Id rather live with my back pain than have to go back to see him again. !!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I don't believe there is a better neurosurgeon in Brisbane. He has incredible knowledge , a wealth of experience and an international network of colleagues with him to consult. He genuinely cares for his patients and works towards the best possible outcomes for all of them.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Excellent specialist, gave detailed information to us, and the plan for treatment. He was kind enough to speak on the telephone to explain to our son who lives interstate. Early days yet as surgery only 3 days ago but so far so good for my husband who had severe pain.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

My visit to this doctor was a waste of my time only glance at the mri xrays and threw them on the floor (quiet chuckle as he then had to pick them up) Insulted me by saying his clinic does not treat veterans.Well here is one veteran he wont

Submitted March 18, 2016

He may know his stuff and others in the medical industry may say he's a really good doctor, but he could certainly do with improving his bedside manner. Whilst back surgery may be an every day occurrence for him, it most definitely was not for me, and a little bit of reassurance on his part would have helped me. At a follow up appointment he was over an hour late and in my opinion, couldn't get me out the door fast enough. He looked at my incision to check it was healing and that was all, didn't check reflexes etc. Again, all may have seemed normal for him, but reassurance to the patient that the healing process was going well or the way it should, would have gone along way to a happy, less stressed patient.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014