Ratings for Dr. Evan O'Brien

I saw Dr. O’Brien for low back pain. He put me on meds & gave me cortisone injections. They did not help much & the meds had bad unpleasant side effects. Eventually he recommended a 2 level fusion in 2006. After I had greater pain down my right leg & horrible back pain. I could only stand for a few mins at a time. He then suggested I have posterior screws put in to accelerate fusion, & decrease the pain in 2007. The pain only got worse. Posterior screws were removed in 2009 & were so loose they fell out. Dr. O'Brien could no longer do anything & passed me to a pain doc in 2009. 7 years after the first surgery I am in more pain than I ever been in my life. I cant do many activities of daily living, & can't exercise at all. The first surgery was the biggest mistake of my life. I look at my life as "before" and "after surgery". The whole right side of my body is in constant pain from my right foot to the right side of my neck.I would not recommend this to anyone ever

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Evan O'Brien

Dr. Evan O'Brien's response
I remember this patient well. He treated with me for about 4 years. A certain percent of patients with spinal disorders fail to improve, despite our best efforts. His best chance would be the newest non-paraesthesia neurostimulation devices. I would be glad to see him for a trial or to refer him to another provider for treatment. I have reached out to him without response.

Submitted July 21, 2017

Wonderful experience. The personal attention I recieved was refreshing. My condition and treatment options were all clearly explained and Dr. O'Brien and staff were easy to talk to. Highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013