Ratings for Dr. Evan O'Brien

HERO - my word to describe Dr. O'Brien! Dr. O'Brien has given me my life back! After suffering since December 2016 and being "just a number" elsewhere until I found him in April, I'm now feeling great. Dr. O'Brien looks for alternatives to surgery as obviously, it's your last choice. I opted for lumbar laminectomy surgery in August as it was clear, it was the best choice for me. It was the best decision I ever made! I'm doing incredibly well! Dr. O'Brien is so caring and took so much time with me, answering my questions, I felt more than secure and in good hands. Everyone in the office is superb - kind, helpful, and truly care about YOU. You are NOT a number or $ sign. Dr. O'Brien takes a personal interest in you as a person, a friend, the absolute best. He personally phoned me the evening of my surgery to see how I was feeling. His PAs, Nick and Chris, are aces. His staff, simply wonderful. Everyone takes the time to listen and answer your questions - YOU, the patient, are their priority. They all become your second family, so to speak. Please, don't hesitate or fear, make that phone call and schedule your appointment, you'll be thankful. Dr. O'Brien, as always, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, you ARE my HERO!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

DR O'BRIEN AND HIS GROUP ARE GREAT THEY HAVE HELPED ME SO MUCH. WHEN I WAS FIRST SEEN THEY OPENED THIER OFFICE EARLY TO SEE ME WHEN I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN. I HAD A LARGE HERNIATION IN MY NECK PRESSING ON MY SPINAL CORD. THIS WAS CAUSING SEVERE PAIN IN MY RIGHT ARM WHICH NEEDED SURGERY RIGHT AWAY. HIS GROUP MADE ALL THE CALLS TO HOSPITAL AND INSURANCE AND JUST GAVE ME A TIME TO GO TO HOSPITAL FOR SURGERY. THEY CHECKED ON ME AFTER SURGERY WHEN I WAS HOME ,THEY EVEN PUT IN SPECIAL STITCHES IN MY NECK THAT WOULD HELP MAKE MY SCAR SMALLER. ,I FELT LIKE A FAMILY FRIEND THEN A PATIENT,I RECOMMEND THEM WHOLE HEARTLY. I AM BACK TO WORK AND CONTINUE TO DO WELL.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr. Evan O'Brien and the staff at Woodbury Spine have taken great care of me. They have gone out of their way to find the best treatments and options to help me lead a more productive life. I am truly thankful for the care I receive at Woodbury Spine!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I saw Dr. O’Brien for low back pain. He put me on meds & gave me cortisone injections. They did not help much & the meds had bad unpleasant side effects. Eventually he recommended a 2 level fusion in 2006. After I had greater pain down my right leg & horrible back pain. I could only stand for a few mins at a time. He then suggested I have posterior screws put in to accelerate fusion, & decrease the pain in 2007. The pain only got worse. Posterior screws were removed in 2009 & were so loose they fell out. Dr. O'Brien could no longer do anything & passed me to a pain doc in 2009. 7 years after the first surgery I am in more pain than I ever been in my life. I cant do many activities of daily living, & can't exercise at all. The first surgery was the biggest mistake of my life. I look at my life as "before" and "after surgery". The whole right side of my body is in constant pain from my right foot to the right side of my neck.I would not recommend this to anyone ever

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Evan O'Brien

Dr. Evan O'Brien's response
I remember this patient well. He treated with me for about 4 years. A certain percent of patients with spinal disorders fail to improve, despite our best efforts. His best chance would be the newest non-paraesthesia neurostimulation devices. I would be glad to see him for a trial or to refer him to another provider for treatment. I have reached out to him without response.

Submitted July 21, 2017

Wonderful experience. The personal attention I recieved was refreshing. My condition and treatment options were all clearly explained and Dr. O'Brien and staff were easy to talk to. Highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013