Ratings for Dr. Poonam Rajan

The doctor herself is okay, if not a bit detached. The receptionist however, is a miniature dragon lady!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

My daughter has been seeing this doctor for a few months. We waited 6 weeks to get appmt and the day of the appmt she canceled. Rescheduled and although she seems nice enough she also seems ditsy and generally doesn't really seem to care. I have called a number of times to get a prescription refilled and she will not return my calls and wont even respond to pharmacist. Don't waste your time going here. Find a dermatologist that actually cares. Oh, and yes, her receptionist is rude just like all the other comments stated.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I had been to Dr. Rajan twice for my lower lip. The first time she sprayed with Liquid nitrogen (hardly if you ask me) and there was absolutely no effect on the lip or the treatment. The second time, she saw me for a minute after waiting 45 minutes. She just asked me to go for a biopsy which took 4 months at Bayview hospital. That was negative. So basically, she did nothing and hardly performs any treatment. She did not even recommend any ointment or cream for the lip. I was very disappointed with this doctor and asked my physician to find another. Why waste time achieving degrees when one does not perform to standard.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr. Rajan is very knowledgeable. I feel lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Rajan since 2015 and yes she is trying very hard to help me with my frustrating skin condition. However, I am extremely disappointed with the treatment received at the front desk. The woman there definitely requires some retraining in dealing with patients...she is extremely rude and very unhelpful. My dealings with her and her rudeness with the elderly oriental couple before is very disappointing. I hope at some point she reads these ratings and Dr. Poonam has a word with her.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr Rajan was very through in explaining my condition and treatment provided. She was very on time and I did not have to wait at all, though my initial appointment with her was cancelled last minute.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr Rajan provided effective care. She needs to find a new receptionist as it is the face of her practice. The receptionist does not return phone calls and goes on her own phone while patients get forwarded to voicemail. The receptionist looks miserable and is rude and abrupt with patients. Patients may be experiencing difficult news and the receptionist needs to be more sympathetic and kind. I will be seeing a new dermatologist from now on.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

The receptionist is horrendous. The doctor is not forthcoming with treatment information. My skin was not fully treated the first time around so I had no choice but to return for a subsequent treatment and had the same issue. Simply a conveyor belt to make more money.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Doctor is wonderful and offers great advice , unfortunately her front desk receptionist is very rude to clients. She shouldn't be involved with customer service - she's pushing clients away. Miserable

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017