Ratings for Dr. David Colquhoun

Found him rude. No listening Skills. Sent incorrect information to GP's which was confirmed by data. Could not tell if he knew his stuff as he didn't answer any questions but talked into recorder. I have a rare complicated condition, he chose to recommend a path for me to take without Knowing the rest of my medical history, had I followed it and not sought another specialist it would have been extremely detrimental to my health, this has been supported by three highly credited professionals and three cardiac nurses. In my own opinion he should probably interact only with test tubes and impersonal lecturing and leave hand on patient care to those who can take the time to understand all the patients health needs.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

A quite eccentric personality in the sense of a stereotypical, hyperactive brain. He doesn't gild the lily, but I needed a cardiologist who didn't pull punches to get me to take responsibility for my life. He seems to understand my problem in being unable to tolerate anti-cholesterol medication and offers a dietary alternative in the Mediterranean eating plan. Warning: He does expect you to have all details of any other medical conditions available for him to peruse, as well as a comprehensive list of your current medications to hand to him at each appointment.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I think he is really knowledgable and gifted but quite rude depending on his mood which changes with each visit. He tends to treat you as though you have no brains at all. One visit I was kept waiting for over an hour while he appeared to be having a personal chat. I believe he is a great lecturer and sought after speaker just wish he had better communication skills in the consulting room.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013