Ratings for Dr. James Flynn

Not a trustworthy orthodontist - he scammed me by claiming I needed braces longer than needed; I went for two second opinions (my dentist, who was once an orthodontist) and another orthodontist) and was told by both that my braces did not need to have them as long as they did - he said 23 months but after three years passed I got worried, especially that for most of those appointments he did not come into the room! He did not tell me they would be on for longer than that until I confronted him - I asked if I would still have to pay for the extra months, and he said yes! DO NOT TRUST THIS ORTHODONTIST - HE IS A SCAMMER!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Not a nice orthodontist to deal with - he scammed family members and when it came time for me to have braces, I had my dentist refer me to a different orthodontist and I never felt neglected; I did not have any experiences like the ones my family members had or the reviewers had; and it's all because I saw a different orthodontist in a different clinic, and this was an orthodontist who did not have you wear braces for an unnecessary long period of time!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

This orthodontist seems to continue his ways of scamming people - my son had braces for five years and was only supposed to have them for two years! The teeth were aligned perfectly so after the fifth year; I spoke with our dentist who had said many times the braces should come off. I also mentioned that there were several occasions were only his assistant would put braces on; he wouldn't even come in to do a checkup to see if the teeth have improved. We went to a different orthodontist and that orthodontist said that they should come off and the next appointment we had with the new orthodontist (a week later) the orthodontist took the braces off and there were no issues after. This was back in the 200s; I read other reviewers saying that they had a similar situation and believe that he only did this because he needed the money - so he was scamming people such as myself and others by saying the braces will only be on for two years, but then five years later, the braces are still on, even though the teeth are perfect. I guess he doesn't need to scam anyone now since he has all the money he wants but I will never take another child of mine to this orthodontist again; I don't care if he's professional now; he turned me and my son off from the way he treated my son and his negligence proves to me that he really only cares about the money. It might be different now, but you can't ignore what happened in the past, especially since it took place for five years.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

This orthodontist doesn't seem to care too much about the patients - I had to ware braces from 2001 to 2005 and it was originally supposed to be until 2002 - but during the entire year of 2002, he didn't come into the exam room once. I only had my elastics changed, that was it. I hate this doctor since even though he promised it would only be until the end of 2002, he didn't come in at all during the year of 2002 until my dad asked him how much longer I was going to have these braces on (this was in November 2002) - Dr. Flynn said that he decided in January 2002 I should have then until 2005 (I'm not joking) even though my teeth were now perfectly straightened. I guess he needed the money so that was his way of keeping my hostage - put braces on me and make us pay for them until he decides when they can be taken off. My own dentist, who does not have any specialization in being an orthodontist, said I should try to find a new one and My dentist tried to refer me to one but nobody was taking referrals. I stayed with his man and kept giving him my money but if I ever have a kid that needs braces, I will NOT be taking them to Dr. Flynn. Even though he has a lot of good reviews, these are from recent experiences. I wish this website was around when people like me were dealing with him. Like another user (who posted about their experience from 2001 to 2004) said, I guess his reviews are good now because he now has the amount of money that he wants; therefore, he feels he does not have to scam any more people.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

This orthodontist seems to care more about the money than his patients - I had a similar experience as the poster who had braces from 2001 until 2004 - I had mine for four years and I was getting concerned about the expense - I saw another orthodontist and was told the braces could come off and I could have a retainer. Dr. Flynn would have kept them on for another year or more but I switched because I couldn't afford to keep them on.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Flynn from 2001 until 2004. He gave me braces in 2001 and said that I would only need to wear them for 22 months; meaning I would have them off in 2003. However, I ended up wearing them until 2004, mainly because he would not come into the room when his assistant would change my braces - he would usually come in and do a checkup to see how much my teeth were corrected. He did not come into the room at all for one year - my mom stated to his assistant that it was now 24 months and I still had the braces on. His assistant got him to come into the room; that is when we were told that he decided that I should have them on for a little bit longer - though he did not state how much longer - it ended up being a total of 36 months! My mom had to pay for the treatment (braces) for 36 months; my dentist was surprised that I had braces on for that long - my dentist told me that I should have had them off by the time 22 months had passed. It seems Dr. Flynn needed the extra money, and we were scammed - I would not recommend this orthodontist to anyone, unless you want to be scammed like I was. He may be good now (as people are posting reviews) but that may be because he has now received the amount of money he wants - he feels he does not have to scam other people, like he did to my mom.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Professional service at the top! Dr Flynn is the best Doctor I have every dealt with.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Class A service in every aspect! Everyone makes you feel really welcome and never hesitates to fit you in at the last minute when you have issues. Highly recommend Dr Flynn and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Flynn has been seeing me since 2005. He is such a nice man! I have always been treated very well by all of his staff. They are all warm and welcoming. I live in Labrador City and the trek to see him is definitely worth it. I consider myself very lucky to have him as my Orthodontist.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Flynn is the coolest! I went there once, and felt like I knew everyone there for years. He was super nice, and helpful. Fixed my issue, and welcomed me to return if need be. The staff all waved when I left. Super nice atmosphere. Great team spirit there! :)

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015