Ratings for Dr. Rick Lau

I was referred to Dr. Lau by Dr. Lee. I have great family doctor, Dr. Wang. Saw Dr. Lau on August 29th, 2017. I found him to be very pleasant. I'm now on the waiting list for a knee replacement and probably on that list for approximately 1 year. Everything was explained to me. Looking forward to finally putting an end to at least one of my pains. I've waited 2 years, 1 more year won't kill me. I got good vibes from Dr. Lau and I know I'm in good hands.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

stay away is much better,just pain and he dont know what to do with my knee,he is horible doctr

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I HAVE JUST HAD A CONSULTATION WITH THIS DOCTOR AND I AM VERY VERY PLEASED. HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. GAVE ME THE FACTS ON ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS. HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE, FRANK AND REALISTIC. I WILL BE HAVING KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY WITH HIM IN JUNE AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I KNOW IT WONT BE A MIRACLE SURGERY AND THAT THERE WILL BE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. HE EXPLAINED THAT I WILL HAVE TO WORK AT REHABILITATION MYSELF TO GET THE BEST RESULTS. I AM PREPARED TO DO THAT. I HAVE BEEN HAVING PAIN WITHOUT ANY HOPE FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS. I THINK HE IS THE DOCTOR FOR ME. WE COMMUNICATED WELL AND I FOUND HIM TO BE VERY SYMPATHETIC AND UNDERSTANDING WHEN PRESENTING MY OPTIONS. HE TOLD ME HOW THE PROCEDURE WILL BE DONE, HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE AND WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER. THANK YOU DR. LAU.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I just saw Dr. Lau in the clinic at Hotel Dieu. I have had swollen, painful legs for months. My quality of life is horrible because of this. He was dismissive. He made a diagnosis of "inactivity due to illness of 5 months ago". He ordered no tests to look at deep tissue ( MRI or ultrasound). My husband and I left with a referral for physiotherapy which is not covered by OHIP and I cannot afford. I don't know shat to do. I can't live like this and he didn't care. I am in crutches and have fallen due to my knees locking. I am frightened and don't want to live like this any more. I held out in hopes that this expert could help me.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013