Ratings for Dr. P.J. Kokan

After I was referred to Dr. Kokan I red his www.ratemds.com reviews and despite the shockingly bad reviews of his receptionist I decided to see the doctor. Unfortunately after our phone conversation she yelled at me and told me that if I do not keep my questions to the point she can hang up on me. I have cried for hours after this encounter. I have never been treated so badly. I agree with a comment on the www.ratemds web page that “she is vicious”. I decided to cancel my surgery with Dr. Kokan since my already week mental health would be badly impacted if I had to deal with this person again. Now I am thinking about Dr. Kokan’s future patients. Why do they have to go through this? The surgery is stressful enough and the recovery is very long. All doctors know that wounds heal faster if the patient is not stressed out and is treated with empathy. Wouldn’t it be helpful to have a kind person on the other side of the phone who would answer politely patients’ questions after the surgery?

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

receptionist is horrible. Dr. is never around and very hard to reach. Did poor job on my knee. Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else........

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I disagree with people who say that all what this receptionist needs is some respect. I did read these reviews before so I tried to be very polite with her not to impact my waiting list but it did not help. She was a monster. I was crying after talking to her. I was horrified by realizing how cruel and disrespectful she is.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

It was very frustrating and disappointing how the receptionist (MOA) handled the phone call. She was very rude, demeaning, and disrespectful! Using the doctor's name and literally criticized how stupid for me to even bother trying to find out the current wait list time to book an appt with Dr. Kokan. I only tried to help our patient to be seen ASAP by a surgeon and not getting lectured on things that I am completely aware already. She is one angry and sad women that should not even work at the front line; she should know better that she is not only representing herself in an ill-mannered but also the specialist she works for.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I had an experience with this Lori also ( I was booking a knee replacement office visit and wondered why she was a bit angry with a lot of things also. I had seen many complaints, (this was a year ago) and I must say I think she was having a problem with something in her personal life. This must have been dealt with because I am having a knee replacement on my other knee now and visited the office to a completely different person. You could not ask for a nicer cordial, caring , and humerous person.We all go through stages in our lives and have troubles with demanding people. All she needs is respect and I think you will get it in return.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I agree with the many emails about Dr. Kokans receptionist being rude and a horrible human being. I experienced her not wanting to make an appt. for me with Dr. Kokan, being sworn at on the telephone (I wish I could of taped the telephone conversation but was at work and couldn't) and being just plain nasty and rude. She even hang up on me. Burnaby Hospital and many other doctors know of her reputation and said there is nothing they can do about it. It's up to Dr. Kokan. I know my Dr. won't refer anyone to Dr. Kokan anymore because of this witch. This is a plea for Dr. Kokan to replace this nasty person with someone that actually likes working with people and is 1/2 human at least. Please Dr. Kokan if you read this do something about that witch that you call your receptionist. I'm thinking of printing all these comments and mailing it to Dr. Kokan. My one hope is that this hag will retire soon as she must be 65.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013