Ratings for Dr. Brent Morin

Diagnosed pneumonia as "common cold" Live with it

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Went to see this doctor in the walk-in clinic. The place had only 2 patients ahead of me while the clinic around the corner was packed to the brim and not taking anymore patients that day. Red flag! Dr Morin was rude over bearing and didn’t want to listen to me. Kept interrupting when I tried to speak. I finally spoke up and over him and he gave me the antibiotics. As he was filling the prescription he was trying to scare me by rhyming off all the horrible things that could happen to me when taking an antibiotic. This doctor has a temper, he’s mean and he’s a bully. There is no place in Barrie for doctor with this kind of disposition. I believe the patients that have had a good experience with this doctor would be very submissive personalities. God forbid you you ask a question or try to discuss anything with him. It’s a one way conversation and not a good one at all. Not to mention he’s a huge man with his head shaved bald. Normally there would be nothing wrong with this if he had a nice personality but he doesn’t so his overall appearance and demeanours are very intimidating especially for children. He also has a sign on the door that separates the waiting room from the examination room that reads, Anyone that enters through this door without permission will be banned from this clinic and all other clinics. I’ve never in my life seen a threateningvsign posted in a doctors office or clinic. But it’s speak volumes about his personality. Just a horrible doctor. His punctuality was good because he had very few patients.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Worse dr I've ever had. I went to the after hours clinic due to terrible lower back pain caused by muscle strain! Dr morin wouldn't Liston to my symptom actually said all I have is a stethoscope what do expect me to do . I said should I go to the hosp he replied they probably won't do anything for you ! He would not listen to my symptoms and didn't believe it was a back issue he went on to say I think it's serious possibly kidneys! I left went to rvh emergency excellent dr diagnosed my condition immediately as lower back muscle strain and gave me some meds to deal with the pain ! Oh and that dr in emergency only had a stethoscope ! Dr morin has no bed side manner rude and condesending !

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

I moved to Barrie last year and was looking for new doctor. I was told Dr Morin was taking new patients, so I went to the office in early July and completed an application. I was told the "review process" was fairly quick, and I should hear back soon. About a month later, I called & left a message - no call back. I called again a few weeks after... the receptionist was not the most friendly person in the world...and then I'm told the process could take a few months as it was summer holidays etc. So I wait again. I left a message end of Sept - no call back. I called again October, she took my name & number & told me she would look into it and get back to me - nothing. November I left a message again - nothing. The sheer unprofessionalism just blows my mind - its not rocket science. You review my application (I'm a completely healthy 50 yr old), and you either want me as a patient, or you don't. Would it kill you too let me know? Obviously none of you there have ever had the challenge of finding a doctor in this province , nor ever learned what common courtesy means. All this said, I guess I'm glad this didn't pan out - I cant imagine the treatment, or lack of, that I may have received there. I have since found a great doctor in town, just by the way. I applied in December, and got a call this week. Imagine that?

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Saw him at the walk-in clinic. I attended as I knew I had strep throat ( I get this about once a year). However, the strep test came back negative so he refused to prescribe me antibiotics despite having all other signs and symptoms. Anyway, I ended up having to miss a week of work because I was HOSPITALIZED because the infection had gotten so bad. He refused to listen to me the day that I saw him and was very dismissive. Thanks Dr. Morin for the trip to the ER.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Had to go for sleep study, his staff was supposed to call the clinic and give them my info to set up an appointment. When I finally called the clinic because I was never contacted, they told me his office never gave them my info so they couldn't contact me. Dr. Morin is also very rude, he seems disinterested in what you have to say and it's clear he would rather spend 15 minutes with too many people than enough time and actually help a modest amount of people. He's not a helpful doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

RUDE.SHORT. TOLD ME IM WASTING SYSTEMS TIME BECAUSE I COULDNT MAKE IT TO MY FAMILY DOC APPT TO REFILL ANXIETY MED. I FELT LIKE I WAS INTORAGTION ROOM. BETTER TO BE CIA ANGENT THEN DOCTOR:(

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

this doctor is a joke misdiagnosed multiple family members. apparently everyone he talks to has a mental health issue and needs a script for it. Stay away and find your self another doctor. most of his patients he convinces through the walk in clinics to sign up as a patient

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Morin is always on time and very helpful however, the younger receptionist leaves a lot to be desired- always very short and rude when I call. Marla however is very friendly.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

At first he was very friendly and helpful now he is very harsh and short with answers he tries to rush too much feel like I am taking up his time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017