Ratings for Dr. Sarika Sachdeva

Dr. Sarika Sachdeva has been my dentist for over 3 years now. I highly recommend her to anyone living in the New Westminster area. She's kind, gentle and patient. You can find her now at Sapperton Dental in New Westminster.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr. Sachdeva is very nice, but not a very skilled dentist. She recommended a few small fillings and night guard to me, and did a very good job explaining her clinical reasoning. However, after the fillings I needed to go back in 7 times! The first 5 times were for bite adjustments, because only two of my teeth were touching and I was in so much pain; the last two times were because the night guard she made me didn't fit right (twice!) and moved my teeth around at night so my bite was all sore and different in the morning. I rarely take pain medication, but was in so much dental pain that I was taking around-the-clock Tylenol for six weeks. Dr. Sachdeva just said that was "how my teeth react to fillings," even though I have had fillings in the past which did not cause me any pain. Finally, I gave up and paid out of pocket to see a different dentist. Dr. W was excellent, and made a night guard in one try that fit perfectly with no pain. (Dr. W also spent 40 min fitting and adjusting the night guard perfectly for my bite; Dr. Sachdeva's assistant simply had me put it onto my teeth to make sure it "fit," and I never saw Dr. Sachdeva at all that visit.) Dr. W assessed my bite and said that it appeared that Dr. Sachdeva was adjusting my actual teeth, NOT just the fillings she put in, as she should have done. I was referred to an occlusion specialist to fix it, but I don't have time or money for that, so I left it. However, I have since developed TMJ problems and, even though it has been months since I had the work done, Dr. Sachdeva's fillings STILL hurt with pressure and cold. Dr. Sachdeva's treatment was the most miserable dental experience I have ever had and I cannot recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr.S!! She has been my dentist in Langley for almost 5 years and I don't have a bad word to say about her. She is sweet, professional and very smart. I have had massive dental work done over the few years and all of it is great, her words are so calming and she is very gentel and is constantly checking to make sure you are comfortable and not feeling any pain. Whom ever made the comment about her being better to her own nationality needs to give their head a shake, cause I'm a white girl. She has always taken time to explain everything to me and options that I had for treatment, and in times gone above and beyond what I would expect from a dentist. I was very sad to find out she had moved to practice in New West. But honestly for me there is absolutely no thought I will be driving a little bit further to go see my dentist.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

The best dentist I have had in years! The skill she has when freezing me for a filling or crown is amazing. No pain and when it wears off I'm not in any pain or discomfort like I have been in the past. Another great factor is she didn't have a huge list of things that needed to be fixed at an outrageous cost. I'm am so sad to hear she has left :(. I'm NOT happy with the staff as they didn't bother to notify me or any other patient and in fact told my husband and I she went to 2 different cities to work and that they would notify the patients that she was no longer there and they had to see the new dentist when they arrived for their booked appoointments. That is totally unprofessional. I have the right as her patient to decide if I want to continue my care or not and not have the surprise of a new dentist. We will be moving to her new practice!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

This dental office tries to get a patinet's SIN number, which I feel unsafe. Also, Dr. Sachdeva is too inquisitive. Her interrogating me during the exam, diagnosis and treatment was very disturbing. She needs to focus on her job and not on getting a patient's personal information. She is young and doesn't have a good social manner. She is cold and easily makes a patient uncomfortable. My observation tells me that she is nicer to patients from her ethnicity, which is discriminative. I had fillings with her, but the teeth I had fillings still hurt. Surprisingly, she doesn't explain what treatment she will use and the process of the treatment; after giving me a diagnosis, she started the treatment. I did not even know that she was giving me fillings. I really hate her service and I felt sick after seeing her.

Submitted January 9, 2013