Ratings for Dr. K Bir

'Doctor' Karen Bir won't have a medical practice for very long if my experience was indicative of her general M.O. I got a copy of the report she sent to my GP. It includes made-up answers to questions she didn't ask, answers that were the POLAR OPPOSITE of the answers I gave her to questions she DID ask, and included components of an in-depth physical assessment she did not perform. Doctor Karen Bir threw out the diagnosis of a world-class rheumatologist with no reason and simply went with the notions she had in her head before she even walked in the room and started talking to me. She had decided that my pain, if it was real, was completely unrelated to any form of arthritis and that it was the responsibility of everybody and anybody else to figure out what was wrong, because she couldn't be bothered. She also made very snarky comments about my use of medically prescribed cannabis, which I use under doctor supervision to help with pain, insomnia and inappetence. This woman does not deserve to call herself a doctor. She is about as helpful and knowledgeable in the field of rheumatology as the beggars by the subway station near her office. There is a reason Karen Bir has the ability to see you the week after you're referred; nobody in their right mind would come back and see this woman a second time. My advice? Demand another referral. This appointment is not worth going to.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I had read some really terrible things about Dr. Bir and was concerned. I was referred to her for a bad knee problem. From the minute I stepped into the office I was shocked with her staff and especially her. Respectful, asked me questions and I have never had such a thorough examination. She explained to me what i had and talked to me like a real person and mostly made me feel better after with my medication. Great experience.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

I have seen Dr. Bir three times. She got me in asap. Me and my wife were floored. She was kind, intelligent, explained in detail of my rare condition and was accessible even when I did not understand. It is not easy to find a doctor who cares and listens to your concerns, but I have found one. She is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

The worst expiriance I ever had. Totally rude and has done nothing to make me believe she is a doctor of anything.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013