Ratings for Dr. Vasudevan Tiruchelvam

Great doctor fixed my abdominal hernia few years back, very good surgeon, excellent manors, very knowledgable, very kind listens to your concerns.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I am here to tell you that you will not find a more caring and loving Dr as Dr. Tiru. When he was with his previous practice, I found those girls not very nice but the whole staff he has now are great. He had to tell me in 2004 that I had breast cancer with tears in his eyes. Then in 2014 my husband got sick. After dealing with Memorial hospital for hours, we were told that he had an anal cyst. I told them to call Dr Tiru. He did emergency surgery at 12:30 in the morning and came in to check on him at least 4 times in 24 hours. When Dr Tiru transferred him to University of Maryland hospital I received a call from them telling me that whoever operated on my husband saved his life. He had a flesh eating disease in his butt. They told me that less than 10% of people survive this bad of a case. So I am telling you that we are alive and believe that you will not find a more caring and loving Dr as Dr Tiru. I send all my friends and family to him. So all the negative remarks in my opinion are from people that have some other issues. I always say that I would wait because I don't want him to rush my appointment when I need him. For the best care call his office. Jody Fink. Dover,PA

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

You are his only focus when he is with you. I swore I had a urinary tract infection and he diagnosed appendicitis - he was right. I would refer all my family and friends to him. Very caring individual and staff.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

A friend and my family doctor referred me to Dr. Tiru, and I am sooo glad they did. My personal opinion is Dr. Tiru is the best. He is caring and knowledgeable, and just an out rite nice man. I felt more like a friend or family member than a patient. Top notch doctor, surgeon, human being. Thanks Dr. Tiru for everything. Also can't say enough about the entire office staff either, they are awesome too. Terry York, PA

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

None of these ratings make a bit of damn sense! Lets rank this man as a surgeon.... and then I give him a 10! I don't give a damn if he is 2 hours late to my post op appointment, the fact is he was there in the er the night I was brought in and the interns were sending me home and he stepped in, when it wasn't anything to him and wouldn't let them sign me out, as it turned out I had a ruptured appendix and a ruptured ovary cyst that both went on the same night! the interns diagnosed me with kidney stones! Dr. Tiru didn't by it and took me to surgery 2 hours later, he truelly treated me like I was a member of his family. So this survey makes no sense on its rating. When you are going under anesthesia and under a knife do you really care what his staff is like or do you want to know what kind of surgeon he is. He really is the BEST!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Tiru by my PCP for an umbilical hernia repair diagnosis. The Dr's office was very neat, the staff very friendly and the Dr. was very nice. He examined me and explained everything very well. The surgery was scheduled the next week. The Dr. met me at the Surgical center and he was very comforting. The surgery was done. I went for my follow-up exam a week after. Again, the Dr. and the staff were wonderful. Overall, this was a wonderfu experience. One of the necest Drs. I have meet.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Tiru for at least 10 years. He has always been very thorough with a kind manner. However his office seems to have succumbed to the current climate in medicine. His front office staff is rude abrupt and generally difficult to deal with. I have decided I will not return.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Been with Dr. Tiru and highly recommend him. Very caring doctor even though he has an extremely busy office setting.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

After my gallbladder surgery I went back to this doctor because of pain and nausea and he quickly felt my abdomen and told me my symptoms had nothing to do with the surgery. I have had continuous problems for 2 years. This doctor was cold and uncaring and I would not recommend him to operate on anyone.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Love Dr. Tiru! He is the best, kindest, most caring Dr., ever!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. Vasudevan Tiruchelvam's Credentials

• Univ Of Colombo, Fac Of Med, Colombo, Sri Lanka (Grad. 1979)

UnitedHealthcare