Ratings for Dr. Maria Chow

Dr. Chow is always on time which is a rarity for doctors these days. She has been helpful and referred to me to specialists when needed. She is a kind and soft-spoken doctor that I feel comfortable with. I believe she is also taking new patients.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I think Dr Chow is a godsend. Very compasionate and kind. However her receptionist Lorraine is one of the rudest and ignorant people i have ever met. I have put up with her ongoing attitude for far too long. I am actually considering changing physicians so I don't have to deal with Lorraine anymore. She has her favorite patients but for the rest she makes it seem like we should be grateful to be in her presence.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Dr. Maria Chow has been my family doctor now for just over 4 years. Dr. Chow replaced my Dr. of 18 years. I am beyond comfortable with her very kind manner, understanding way and knowledge/feedback on anything medically discussed. A fantastic Doctor and person. I drive 40 minutes each month to see her. Worth every mile. Very respectful and companionate.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Is completely obsessed with my weight despite good test scores. Harassing me at every visit to go on South Beach Diet. Has never asked me if I am sexually active despite my being in a very high risk age for contracting STDs.

Submitted July 12, 2015

Fantastic doctor who knows her stuff! Kind and considerate, knowledgeable, bright. She always has our family's best interests at the forefront during our visits.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

this doctor knows nothing. she is kind. but that is it. she prescribed our daughter antibiotics twice when she didnt even need them.

Submitted February 17, 2015

maria chow wrongly diagnosed my daughter twice putting her on antibiotics. took her to another dr. and right away knew it wasnt an infection but an allergy. i am livid that my little girl had been pumoed with antibiotics for no reason. i also find she doesn't know much.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I was a long time patient of Elizabeth H, however I have nothing but stellar ratings for Doctor Chow. She is extremely knowledgeable, courteous and supportive of her patients. She is a great partner with my cardiologist and I trust implicitly that she has strives to ensure the best health care possible for me. I would and have recommended her to a number of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I'm thrilled to have Dr Chow as my family doctor, since my previous doctor retired. I don't know what the person below was talking about- Dr Chow has not pushed medications at all and has always done thorough investigation before recommending something to me. With her help, I have been able to quit smoking and get off two medications (which other people told me I would have to take all my life). She's also great with the grandkids.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I found this Dr. way too quick to put me on anti-depressants without trying to find what the real issues were. I am not looking for a bandaid but someone too take the time and really listen and look for the cause. Even after finding out that half of my problems were from a simple iron deficiency, she wanted to up my medication to lithium??? When I knew I didn't want to be on anything at all. I have felt so much more clear headed and NO anxiety since coming off the meds. I hope she doesn't jump the gun with other patients. I wish you all the best in your practice Maria, just please take the time to listen to your patients more sincerely. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014