Ratings for Dr. Sharad Kulkarni

Very kind, very caring and has a very nice demeanor. He's been helping me for over a year and I like him very much. I let him know my issue and he's the only doctor who's actually helping at this time. Very quite but if you ask questions he will answer.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I called this Doctor for my son who was in crisis. I explained his history and told this to the receptionist (note: not a nurse) who told me "oh so he's good, he's ok" when I told him that he was "high functioning" and in regular classes. The day of his appointment, we were there on time (11 AM) and didn't get seen until 12:30. The Dr. went through his questions, barely speaking up or looking at my son as he asked them. My son had to repeat "what?" several times. When he got done with his screening questions, he asked if there was any other information I had, I said, "yes, a lot" and showed him the large pile of paperwork I had, which I was asked to bring. He said, "I'm not reading all that". So I summarized the information. He then asked for discharge paperwork. I explained that the hospital would not give it to me, but I signed the release paperwork for him and his staff to acquire it. This Dr. looked at my son and I and refused to treat him because he did not want to be "liable" for his actions due to his depression. He turned us away, recommending a hospital we told him was horrible, not even recommending a NICE hospital or one HE was affiliated with. If you value your children, take them to a compassionate doctor. Not one that is condescending, lacking compassion, and who fills his office up to cattle in patients.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014