You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro

He was highly recommended to me and he did not disappoint! Dr. Vaccaro, in addition to being extremely personable, he was straight forward and assuring. I saw positive results immediately after he performed my lumbar decompression. He and his team took great care of me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I cannot say enough about Dr. Vaccaro and his staff. They are the most professional and helpful group of people I could hope to have handle my surgery. Though I was apprehensive going for my consultation, the more I spoke with Dr. Vaccaro, the more I felt at ease with the direction we were taking. His staff downtown and in Bensalem were amazing and helpful in every way. I give Dr. Vaccaro and his staff top marks in every category!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

From the moment I met Dr. Vaccaro and his assistant Mila Furman, I knew I was in GREAT hands at the Rothman Institute (I found out I not only had a herniated disc, I also had arthritis in my cervical spine that was compromising my legs). I had to have the BEST specialist in this field and Dr. Vaccaro was and is that doctor. Dr. Vaccaro went into great detail, walking me through my MRI films and discussing having cervical spine fusion surgery. I know I made the right decision not only with just picking the Rothman Institute, but to be blessed enough to have Dr. Alexander Vaccaro as "my" surgeon who performed it. Thank You Dr. Vaccaro and Mila Furman for being "You!"

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr, Vaccaro displayed genuine concern for me as a patient and a human being. I WAS AMAZED at the amount of spinal curvature that he was able to correct. I will always be grateful for his compassion and expertise. In my eyes, he's a miracle worker!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Back pain is debilitating , so you go to the best to decide on a course of treatment. My surgery was done April 2013 and I've never looked back. Yes. I was scared...so scared that I didn't read the report Dr. Vaccaro sent to me describing his surgical plan. Guess I had my head in the sand, but I just couldn't read the words. Of course, he explained all of this on my visit to him in Oct. 2012. Yes. it took me over four months to make the decision. Once made, moving forward was paramount to me. My overall experience was positive. Pain, of course, but what's pain without gain. I went to PT a month later and have never looked back. Thank you Dr. Vaccaro for giving me back my life. You are in my prayers daily.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr Vaccaro is an excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery. I had my surgery in Jan 2015 and I can do everything I used to do without pain!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

One of the best Doctors in the U.S.! I was fortunate to have Dr. Vaccaro perform my surgery in May 2014 and I am now pain free, after months of excruciating, disabling pain! The best there is for any kind of back pain!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Amazing doctor, the Best! over +10 years of pain and now 13 years pain free. Priceless!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alexander Vaccaro graduated Summa Cum Laude from Boston College in 1983 with a B.S. in Biology. He received his M.D. degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine where he was promoted with “Distinction.” He earned membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society and graduated with honors in 1987. He completed a year of Surgical Internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA and his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency was at Thomas Jefferson University where he graduated in 1992. Dr. Vaccaro completed a Spine Fellowship at the University of San Diego, CA. He earned a PhD in 2007 in the field of Spinal Trauma. Dr. Vaccaro is the Richard H. Rothman Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Professor of Neurosurgery at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was the recipient of the Leon Wiltse award given for excellence in leadership and clinical research for spine care by the North American Spine Society (NASS) and is the past President of the American Spinal Injury Association and current President of the Association for Collaborative Spine Research He has over 530 peer reviewed and 195 non-peer reviewed publications. He has published over 300 book chapters and is the editor of over 44 textbooks and co-editor of OKU-Spine I and editor of OKU-8. Dr. Vaccaro is the President of Rothman Institute, Chairman of the department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Co-Director of the Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of the Delaware Valley and Co-Director of Spine Surgery and the Spine Fellowship program at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he instructs current fellows and residents in the diagnosis and treatment of various spinal problems and disorders.

• English

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1987)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was highly recommended to me and he did not disappoint! Dr. Vaccaro, in addition to being extremely personable, he was straight forward and assuring. I saw p..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough about Dr. Vaccaro and his staff. They are the most professional and helpful group of people I could hope to have handle my surgery. Though..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the moment I met Dr. Vaccaro and his assistant Mila Furman, I knew I was in GREAT hands at the Rothman Institute (I found out I not only had a herniated di..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr. Vaccaro and his staff.They completely changed my quality of life."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr, Vaccaro displayed genuine concern for me as a patient and a human being. I WAS AMAZED at the amount of spinal curvature that he was able to correct. I will ..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Back pain is debilitating , so you go to the best to decide on a course of treatment. My surgery was done April 2013 and I've never looked back. Yes. I was scar..."

July 14, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.rothmaninstitute.com". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "800-321-9999".

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Vaccaro is truly and exceptional surgeon. Knows all his stuff and is very helpful when you ask him questions. The staff was wonderful as well!"

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Vaccaro is an excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery. I had my surgery in Jan 2015 and I can do everything I used to do wi..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the best Doctors in the U.S.! I was fortunate to have Dr. Vaccaro perform my surgery in May 2014 and I am now pain free, after months of excruciating, di..."

June 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "19019" to "19107". Address has been updated from "None" to "925 Chestnut Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12673393500".

June 3, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=359448'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014