Ratings for Dr. Gurdev Parmar

Dr Parmar has really helped our two immediate family members deal with their Cancer diagnoses and advise them on treatments that are right for them.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Disappointed that he charges so much for Hyperthermia. Too much focus on money instead of focussing on patients.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

This fellow prescribed expensive hyperthermia when it could have advanced my husband's type of cancer. I looked up the studies and found this out. After mentioning this (and thankfully before shelling out the $20,000+ for whole body hyperthermia and local), his office stated that they are no longer recommending this treatment for this type of cancer. I wonder if our money would have been refunded had we paid it out. Something tells me not. A lot of nice smiles and cheeriness and then suddenly stood up in the middle of a consult and WALKED OUT because it was lunch time. We were completely disappointed and never returned.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Money. Hungry. Proposed a cost of 10,000.00 per month to "stabilize" my cancer, had no real proof and couldn't really say what that actually meant (I have brain cancer), be careful, I know your vulnerable, keep careful records, like many he is a good salesman. his prescriptions are based on really weak research, and looking at the last comment below, giving celebrex and cimetidine is just completely wrong. Buyer beware!! Nice does not mean good, and they will take your money be sure of it.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

My husband saw Dr Parmar about 2 years ago when he was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney cancer. He gave us so much hope and set us on the right path in regards to diet and exercise. All of the treatments he recommended, from what I could tell from research I conducted, seemed to have some merit. BUT with that being said... He prescribed 2 medications(celebrex and cimetidine) that are KNOWN TO DECREASE KIDNEY FUNCTION, in a patient who now only had 1 kidney!!!!!! We were shocked to find out, at a family doctors appointment, that some symptoms he was now having were due to these medications. His kidney function test came back "extremely low" ..... to the point where his family doctor thought he was in kidney failure. He immediately stopped all medications and supplements that Dr Parmar had prescribed for him and his levels went back up to normal and we never went to go see him ever again. How terrifying after going through a kidney cancer diagnosis to then find out your only remaining kidney was failing for some reason.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I wondered why he needed to do a manual breast examination when I went in for consultation regarding my thyroid medication.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Parmar for a year and a half regarding stage 1 breast cancer. I sought out his assistance because I don't believe that the traditional cancer treatment offered in B C is the only way to cure cancer. I wanted to get some professional advice with regard diet, exercise, supplements and other possible medications and treatments. Dr Parmar listens to his patients and is always professional, knowledgeable and down to earth in his treatment of me. I recently had a hospital mammogram and it came back clear. I always come out of Dr Parmar's office feeling optimistic and I'm very happy I have Dr Parmar on my team. I continue to refer him to anyone who asks. The most notable observation I made in Dr Parmar's waiting room is that his patients look healthy and most importantly, hopeful.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Staff treat you great. He was not helpful for us, and I can not judge his knowledge. We counselled with him by telephone prior starting treatment, as we needed to travel from our home town we sent him most recent medical reports to see if treatment works. He advised to start treatment. We spent more than a month away from our family and home town, which costed us a lot, for treatment, accommodation, rental car and all other expenses. In the middle of treatment my loved one could not continue ended to the hospital and passed away. During the treatment Dr.tried to be nice and caring, but when my loved one could not continue treatment and I explained the situation he even did not returned my ph call.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I have done several treatments with Dr. Parmar. The staff is awesome and Dr. Parmar has been key to my survival and fight against cancer. It's a pleasure to work with him and his staff. Jyl Chegwin

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

While he is a caring and knowledgeable man who makes you feel comfortable in his clinic, I find Dr.Parmar's practice outside of paid meetings to be extremely unprofessional. We have arranged a phone appointment three times and he is never on time for them. He left us waiting while he went on a lunch break, only to cancel and move the appointment. As a doctor I'd also expect him to monitor his patients more carefully, especially as many MDs aren't trained with the medication he prescribes. I was experiencing shakes and faintness due to a new medication and when I contacted him regarding my concern, I received no reply. I had to stop the medication due to the lack of treatment of symptoms. I have lost trust in him. He is a very knowledgeable man and I am grateful to see a MD looking into alternative options. His work does show promise and he has access to treatments other naturopaths don't which is the only reason why I am returning to his clinic.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013