Ratings for Dr. Brodie Ramin

Dr Ramin was my first methadone prescribing doctor I ever worked with, and so he is the gold standard to which I have compared the next two I have dealt with. Unbelievably kind and understanding, with a great sense of humour and always a smile on his face. Firm when needed but very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. His staff (at SHCHC) are incredible and go above and beyond for their patients, many of whom show a complete lack of gratefulness for the amazing care they receive. Working in addiction can be very tiring and frustrating, yet they somehow always have a smile and a kind word. The only problem (and the last time I was there was a while ago, so it may have changed) is that because there is such a huge demand for addictions doctors, he is constantly overbooked, to the point that he often has to stay late, and the waiting times grew to sometimes well over an hour. The trick is to show up right at the beginning of his shift so you can get in faster! The best doctor I've ever had, next to Dr Crouzat in Toronto.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

One of the most amazing Dr's I've ever had!! He has been the key in my recovery!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Cancels appointment at last minute although patient relied on him on a crucial time , not mentioning that the patient had to wait ten days for this urgent appointment ! See for yourself what happens next when a reliable link is broken in such a situation. A doctor who is not aware of the consequences it entails is... I leave it to you to conclude. Very bitter experience, believe me.

Submitted May 27, 2016

Very nice and has been a life-saver, literally, from where I was going.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Thank you for helping save my son. I have high regard for all the staff at this clinic.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Ramin is an awesome doctor and I highly recommend him. He is very thorough in his care for his patients and is one of those rare doctors who really does care. The only problem I find is the reception staff. .the rudest and most argumentive people I have met.. too bad because it really affects my regular visits that I should be making.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I was followed by Dr. Kilby before being transferred to Dr. Ramin. That transfer was the best thing that ever happened! Dr. Ramin will not spend your appointment looking for something to prescribe you! He actually looks at all other options before going for medication. Especially when you are young and a simple change in your habits could help better your health! I went to him once to change the contraception pill I was taking and he took the time to explain how the pill works on your system, go through all the different options with their side effects before choosing the perfect one for me! He's young, modern, honest, fun interested in his patients!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Ramin is a young, dynamic and very kind GP with exceptional interpersonal skills. He takes great care of his patients and follows up very promptly with any concern or request to make his patients feel comfortable and diagnose any possible issues without delay. He has trained at some of the best institutions in the world (McGill, UCambridge (UK), UToronto). In 2011 he was awarded the 'Family Medicine Resident Award' from the 'College of Family Physicians of Canada', which recognizes him as "an outstanding family medicine resident as a potential leader in the discipline of family medicine based on current leadership, academic standing, research accomplishments, and communication skills".

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I was with Dr. Ramin for over two years. He's young, hip, and an excellent doctor! I'd highly recommend him for any patient seeking methadone who's NOT a total baby or drama queen as Dr. Ramon follows the rules. He's an excellent, stable doctor, just don't try to lie or mess with him cause he won't put up with it. However my two years with him were extremely productive and enjoyable. If you're mature, responsible and ready to make a change, hit him up.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Great doctor. I have him as my family GP. He is very down to earth. I recommend.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Brodie Ramin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients