Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Torkelson

I trust this doctor. She listens, cares and has always quickly figured out what was wrong and what I needed.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

New pt visit was around 10 minutes. My hypothyroidism and anemia were causing me symptoms. She did not palpate/examine my thyroid, she refused to treat my anemia with a ferritin level of 5! She was pleasant, but offered absolutely no clinical knowledge or care for these common disorders. Horrible experience!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I had a regular office visit with Dr. Torkelson in October of 2014. I was a new patient so we mostly discussed my health history and she sent me off with a blood work form that she wanted to me do in a couple months. A few weeks later I got a bill for $223.00 which was her fee to see me. Pretty standard I thought and paid the bill. Then a few weeks after I got another bill from Fairview for $192.00. I was wondering wait why I am I getting two bills for one appointment. I called the staff at Fairview billing and they told me that this was a room charge. In total I was charged $415.00 to talk to this Doctor. When I called to set up the appointment, I was told that she accepts my insurance yet they did not cover the visit of $223.00. However they did cover $22.46 of the room charge. As far as the office visit fee of $223.00 is concerned, I think it's pretty standard and would have figured out what was up with my insurance. What aggravates me is the $192.00 charge for using the room. As far as I am concerned Dr. Torkelson should be paying rent to use their facility if that is where she chooses to see patients and if she is, and the hospital is double dipping then it's disgusting. Either way I am not going back, $415.00 is outrageous for a conversation with a primary care physician.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Torkelson is very nice, but if you have CFS, FM, Lyme don't go to her. She knows very little, she can't answer questions because she is that dumb. Her office is in a basement and you feel like you are one of the heard of cattle. Way too stressful for me.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

This doctor is in such a hurry. She didn't have time to pay attention to the several problems I was dealing with.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

She is amazingly nice and willing to answer questions and take the time to make sure all your needs are met, even asks YOU questions and is very throughough, which many doctors are not. She is very thoughtful, and caring, and intelligent, hollistic and thinks of you as a person not just another object walking through the door. Will take her time and make sure you are helped.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Carolyn Torkelson's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Kaiser-Permanente