Ratings for Dr. Francesco Belviso

Dr. Belviso helped me a lot with understanding how at times, my thoughts could be a distortion of the reality of a situation. Across several aspects of my life , he found common threads on how I react to certain stressors and provided an alternate perspective, one that was more positive. Our work has put me in a position in which I feel as though I have a greater handle over stressful situations at work and in my relationships with others. I am very grateful for my experience with Dr. Belviso.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Belviso. He listened to all of my ugliest thoughts and feelings with an amount of empathy I don't think I've ever encountered before. He was patient when I was hung up and didn't want to talk about anything important and was never pushy and followed me if I felt like flying all over the place. But he also called me out on some of my BS I was feeding myself, which more often than not, got me looking at what was actually happening inside. I recommend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Francesco Belviso was very helpful. I went through a divorce last year, and he gave me plenty of insight on my relationships and marriage, and ideas on how to best manage the divorce process. Dr. Belviso's sense of humor didn't hurt either. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Belviso is wonderful, understanding, compassionate and insightful. He has helped me greatly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

As I've been reading Trauma and Recovery by Judith Herman and seeing a new therapist, I've realized how absolutely horrible Francesco Belviso was as my psychologist. I don't think he understood or learned that "the core experiences of psychological trauma are disempowerment and disconnection from others. Recovery, therefore, is based upon the empowerment of the survivor... No intervention that takes power away from the survivor can possibly foster her recovery, no matter how much it appears to be in her best interest." I think he was trying his best to act ethically, but he really messed up. He was incredibly judgmental and authoritarian. I don't feel that he prioritized or even understood my best interests at all. I fear for other trauma survivors who might find themselves in his office.

Submitted October 27, 2013