Ratings for Dr. Nighat Parveen

I do not even know where to begin. She is the most unhelpful healthcare "professional " I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. For the past year and a half my daughter has been to see this woman. It has been one inappropriate episode after another. The icing on the cake was the latest visit when Dr. Praveen began asking my daughter about her pattern of self harming. My daughter has never self harmed. Clearly this doctor could not bother to familiarize herself with the correct patient file. Done, and done. Never going back. Ever.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Very unfortunate that she is actually practicing medicine. Absolutely no excuse that someone like this could be hired to work with children. I can’t imagine a situation where she could be helpful. No decernable skills here.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

She's really creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Very arrogant and unprofessional. Spoke over child's head. Created a very toxic patient to doctor environment.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

The worst psychiatrist and should not have a medical licence, particularly with adolescents. She is not helpful and is unable to clearly articulate her thoughts, retain information from one appointment to another, doesn't read charts and doesn't listen to patients or parents. Agree with the other ratings. Extremely disappointing.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I was extremely outraged with Dr. Parveen. She has made me terrified of all psychiatrists just from my one experience with her. I was 16 when I saw her (for depression and anxiety) because I wasn't old enough to see an adult psychiatrist and was shocked that she's especially for children. She is so unprofessional and harsh, she made me cry and she told/ practically yelled at my parents that they should be in counselling more than I should. Everyone left feeling uncomfortable, flustered and it put a damper on me from my parents about mental health. They now also have an negative view on physhciatrists because of her. I am 19 now almost 20, and back then I was the one who decided (with my doctor) to go see a psychiatrist but please if you are parents do not take your poor child to go see her.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

We have been very disappointed with this doctor and would leave immediately if we could. She is very arrogant, and does not listen to the parents. She made an early diagnosis based on partial facts and would not be swayed even with a huge amount of evidence pointing to a different issue. She is so cautious that the treatment was inadequate resulting in a crisis, and ignored professional advice from other doctors.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013