Ratings for Dr. Mark Doudle

I have been thoroughly impressed by Mark. His excellent attitude, knowledge and skills are balanced by a consistently cheerful, positive and practical approach. He has an undoubted passion and enthusiasm for his calling which is quite refreshing. I greatly appreciated his preparedness to understand me and my concerns which meant that he was able to effectively communicate with me about my condition and the necessary surgery. He is also very well thought of by the hospital nursing staff eg "if I needed bowel surgery - he's the one I'd want to do it"! I consider myself fortunate that my GP referred me to you. Many thanks Mark!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I contacted Dr Doudle due to severe ulcerative colitis. At that time, I was housebound due to the disease which saw me having about 15 bowel motions every day. I had lost a lot of weight and I was in a very bad way because of colitis. I elected to have surgery rather than take medication for the rest of my life. To volunteer for surgery without first trying all the (dangerous) medications was unorthodox. Nevertheless Dr Doudle listened carefully to me and made a considered decision to carry out surgery. His skill as a surgeon is matched by his attention to every detail to ensure the best outcome. He was cautious and thought through everything - the key traits you hope anyone performing surgery would have. After surgery, he visited everyday in hospital to check on progress and was always keeping a close eye on things. He is friendly and always willing to answer questions. He never makes you feel rushed or stupid. If you are looking for a colorectal surgeon on the Gold Coast then you could not get a better one than Dr Doudle.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr Doudle is the most caring doctor I met during my cancers journey. I was only 23 when diagnosed with bowel cancer and he called me while he was away at a conference to talk through my concerns. I was so touched he would do that for me. It's my 10 year anniversary today from first being diagnosed and I am so grateful my GP referred me to Dr Doudle. He's been nothing but professional in the last 10 years. It's always nice to see his smiling face during check ups and regular colonoscopy's. I would not be here without his expertise. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Saved my life and has continued to monitor my health Simply the best !!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

saved my life 3 years ago i had cancer now well thanks to a very knowledgeable man

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr Doudle has been looking after me since he performed successful bowel surgery on me in 2010 and couldn't have been more dedicated and caring. When I was experiencing some pain and discomfort in November 2011, he organised scans and blood tests, referred me to the appropriate specialist and I was operated on less than 2 weeks later to remove a cancerous tumour from my ovaries. I feel he saved my life and will always be grateful to him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013