Ratings for Dr. Brent Appleton

Dr. Appleton almost ruined my life. I was developing either rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis. I had heard about honey bee venom shots curing this disease. When I brought this up to him.. Dr. Appleton laughed and told me that bee venom shots was the equivalent of hitting myself with a pan. I reminded him that I would actually be injecting venom into my body. He continues to be unimpressed and condescending. He was trying to get me to go on Remicade (a drug used in chemotherapy) and could not confirm whether or not I would be able to get pregnant in the future... after doing this drug. I told him I would rather roll on the ground in agony... SCREAMING... than give that up! He kicked me out of his office... telling me he could not help me any further. I ended up doing the honey bee venom shots and I have NO arthritis symptoms. I'm surprised he was so quick to dismiss my idea. I could only eerily imagine what my life would have been like if I had cowered down to him. I wish doctors would consider alternatives. All they know how to do is diagnose, prescribe and do surgeries. Remember, doctor offices are called practices for a reason... they are practicing on you! If you have any arthritis symptoms or inflammation, please consider doing honey bee venom shots. Meditrine Naturopathic Medical Clinic is where I did mine. Good luck in your search for your cure!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Great first visit. Turned on me second visit. Jeckell and Hyde personality. Nasty man.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

We were not received with a smile at the font desk, not speaking friendly, the Doctor himself is one of the best doctors I have ever seen - very caring, knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I will definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Front desk receptionist is permanently PMSing! So moody. Dr Appleton is great however.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I have read some of the reviews of Dr. Appleton and I can assure you he is none of the above. My experience after my first visit was excellent, very caring, knowledgeable and concerned about solving your problem. I am a CEO and have managed many many people and in my view you don't go there to befriend the receptionist or even care if she is having a bad day. I am happy to have been referred to Dr. Appleton.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Not as smart as I thought. Called me a lier and after realizing his mistake refused to appologize. Very ignorant and I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr. Appleton is very helpful and explains things well. Also, tries to listens to patient. But the front desk staffs are very unfriendly and seem to be in a bad mood all the time. They never say hi, never smile, and just stares at you until you say something. The waiting time is also vey long. You have to wait at least half an hour or more, often you have to wait an hour or more to see the doctor unless you have the first appointment of the day.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Front desk staff are absolutely horrible. The lady that is there is always in a bad mood, never smiles, never welcoming. The doctor is nice but for the previous reason, I would never recommend this office.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Another arrogant doctor. Guessing at what is wrong and telling me i shouldnt be in as much pain as i am.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Doctor Appleton is very helpful and explains things very well, he will spend as much time as with you as needed. The front desk staff are just nasty, they don't answers the phone will not fax referrals and will not forward your medical info to doctors that you have been referred to. I was supposed to be able get a emergency appt any time to have a joint drained but I couldn't get thru on the phone and neither could my GP, they even faxed Dr Appleton but never got a call back so my GP sent me to emergency to have the fluid drained, 6 hours in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014