Ratings for Dr. Harold Barrow

To be fair, I didn't see Dr. Barrow, but his PA seemed very knowledgeable and spent a lot of time with me. Still, I was not impressed with the amount of billing. The staff is almost impossible to get by phone, they wouldn't send my report to my doctors until I came in and filled out the form they should have given me when I first was referred to them and also would have charged me $1 a page for my own copy. My PC's office still had to make several calls to get the report. I went to another ENT and had a completely different experience that made me have confidence in the doctor and the staff. The nasal endoscopy that was performed from Dr. Barrow's office consisted of a short scope that she looked up my nose and I was billed over $620 for that not including the office visit charge. The endoscopy performed by the other ENT consisted of a long bendable scope approx a foot long and was filmed for me to see as he explained what was going on with my nose. The billing was $450. Big difference and I feel that I (and my insurance co) got charged for a procedure that was technically not performed. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I found Dr Barrow extremely knowledgeable and my surgery for a cyst on the vocal cords went very smoothly. Very courteous staff and a well run office. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013