Dr. Colin Blair

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Colin Blair

Dr Blair was highly recommended to us by our friends. Hence, I asked my GP for a referral to him on the very day I found I was pregnant. Throughout my entire pregnancy, childbirth and post natal, Dr Blair had been exceptionally professional, precise, gentle and patience. He also has a good sense of humour. Dr Blair ensures that all my queries are clarified and he took the time to explain everything in detail. As this is my first pregnancy, he had managed to always put my mind at ease. He also took the time to visit me in the ward every morning to ensure that all was fine.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr Blair was an amazing, knowledgeable, kind and supportive obstetrician. Will definitely go to him for all my future children. He had a calming effect on my husband and I and always made us feel relaxed

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

We used Colin Blair for our 1st child and found him to be patronizing & didn't really take note of our many concerns. Tried to push us into an early induction but luckily we avoided this & had a natural birth. His staff are awful & very rude. Would definitely go somewhere else - working with Dr Michael Brenters on our 2nd pregnancy & he is much better!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr Blair was absolutely amazing. I couldn't recommend him enough. The midwife working for him was lovey too. Dr Blair is very professional, kind and caring, and listens to any concerns you have. He is NOT pushy with caesareans. He even took the time out to call me with blood test results while he was on holiday.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

We are currently seeing Dr Blair for our second pregnancy (he also delivered our first and we had no hesitation going back to him). He is friendly, professional and always welcoming. Dr Blair has a way of putting you at ease and has a great sense of humour. He is mostly always on time (considering babies need to be delivered all the time which could interfere with consultations). I do agree that some of the staff need a lesson in manners and customer service, during my first pregnancy the desk staff were quite snippy and abrupt with me for no good reason, though they seem to have improved this time around (perhaps they've had some feedback?). The midwives are thorough and generally pretty friendly.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I found Dr Blair to have no other interest when seeing him accept to push me into having a C-Section. This was despite me requesting several times to try vaginally. His staff I found to be unfriendly, rude and unprofessional. I ended up changing to another Obstertrician after I bared witness to the receptionist and midwife having a chat about what they were planning on the weekend while a woman who had rung and told them in a distressed state that she was having another miscarriage. Would not recommend him at all.

Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr Blair came highly recommended to us by several friends and we are incredibly grateful for their recommendation. We have suffered 3 miscarriages and 2 live births, and Dr Blair handled all of my pregnancies. He was just as excited as us when a pregnancy progressed and just as upset as us when one didn't. He handled each loss with care and compassion and was an absolute gentleman each time. I can not fault his care throughout my 2 surviving pregnancies, and even though my first was a difficult one his knowledge and expertise always put me at ease. He was always available to answer any questions, usually with good humor involved - I never left and appointment without a smile on my face. My health and the health of our baby were always the most important thing to Dr Blair, which made myself and my husband very relaxed leading up to the birth. During the birth of our first child, Dr Blair was always in control of the situation and even though it resulted in an emergency c-section due to failure to progress, our trust in his care and expertise never waivered, which made a stressful situation much more bearable. His operative skills are fantastic and my healing time after was very short. The birth of our second child was much smoother and even though it was a planned c-section, the decision to deliver this way was never taken lightly by Dr Blair or ourselves. We were always given information for and against each time. Again his operative care was fantastic and I recovered even quicker after my second birth. I can not recommend Dr Blair highly enough. He is an absolute gentleman in every sense of the word and his care, compassion, knowledge and expertise in his field can not be faulted. We feel incredibly lucky that Dr Blair has brought both our beautiful children into this world!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

We made the best decision choosing Dr Blair to be our obstetrician after moving from interstates. Having a couple of unfortunate pregnancies previously, Dr Blair was very attentive and careful with his management of my first pregnancy with him. He make sure that all areas of concern were covered and didn't allow for any chance of error or overlook. It was very daunting and stressful for me throughout the pregnancy but every visit to Dr Blair was assuring and relieving. He has never for once forced or pushed me into doing something that we weren't agreeable on. In fact his recommendations or suggestions have always been taken on board because we know he knows the best and he has given us the best. Dr Blair is so calm and good at what he does in the birth suite. Regardless how painful or stressful you are, he has the ability to manage the situation well and have everything under control. He was so good that we continued seeking his professional care for our subsequent pregnancies and we now have three beautiful children all managed by Dr Blair. We highly recommend Dr Blair to those who wants a calm, friendly, patient and professional obstetrician to look after them and deliver their children. Do note that he's very popular and you need to get in early to book him. For all my pregnancies we booked him in at 4 weeks and it's most definitely worth it!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr Blair has been my doctor for both of my pregnancies. I found him to be very positive and relaxed through all of my routine check ups and very knowledgeable in answering all of my questions. Luckily I had two healthy pregnancies and two healthy babies but when certain things popped up that needed investigating further it was always taken seriously and explained thoroughly. In the delivery room you know you are in good hands, he is professional, supportive and gets the job done quickly. I wouldn’t hesitate to see him again for future babies.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I made an appointment to see Dr Blair for my first pregnancy on the recommendations of a couple of friends. As an obstetric doctor myself I wanted the best for me and my pregnancy and just be a patient and handover the reins to another professional. Colin was great from the first appointment, explained everything in detail and we discussed my options for birth. I hoped for a nice normal delivery but understood things may change along the course of the pregnancy. My son was measuring big with a large head (thanks to his father!) and we decided to give vaginal birth a go and Colin was very supportive. I was so happy with my care and experience I went back to him with number 2 and again had a great experience. Once he was away during one of my visits but that allowed me to meet one of the doctors that cover for him and I felt really comfortable with him too. With my own busy work schedule I often had to call up his rooms and change my appointments and his staff were always very accommodating. Not planning on a 3rd as yet but if so would go back to Dr Blair!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr. Colin Blair's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Blair is a graduate of the University of Western Australia (MBBS) and has been practicing medicine for 30 years. This experience includes six years of full time specialty training in obstetrics and gynaecology earning him the specialty degree of a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG). During his career, Dr Blair has lived and worked in Kalgoorlie, Hobart, Port Hedland and Perth. Dr Blair also cares for couples requiring preconception counselling, those with uncomplicated pregnancies and those with the most complicated medical and obstetric conditions. His principle motivation is to achieve a normal, safe birth for you and your baby. Dr Blair’s team includes a practice manager, secretaries and midwives all with over 30 years of experience each.

• English

• The University of Western Australia (Grad. 1988)

• Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG).