Ratings for Dr. Colin Blair

I found Dr Blair to have no other interest when seeing him accept to push me into having a C-Section. This was despite me requesting several times to try vaginally. His staff I found to be unfriendly, rude and unprofessional. I ended up changing to another Obstertrician after I bared witness to the receptionist and midwife having a chat about what they were planning on the weekend while a woman who had rung and told them in a distressed state that she was having another miscarriage. Would not recommend him at all.

Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr Blair came highly recommended to us by several friends and we are incredibly grateful for their recommendation. We have suffered 3 miscarriages and 2 live births, and Dr Blair handled all of my pregnancies. He was just as excited as us when a pregnancy progressed and just as upset as us when one didn't. He handled each loss with care and compassion and was an absolute gentleman each time. I can not fault his care throughout my 2 surviving pregnancies, and even though my first was a difficult one his knowledge and expertise always put me at ease. He was always available to answer any questions, usually with good humor involved - I never left and appointment without a smile on my face. My health and the health of our baby were always the most important thing to Dr Blair, which made myself and my husband very relaxed leading up to the birth. During the birth of our first child, Dr Blair was always in control of the situation and even though it resulted in an emergency c-section due to failure to progress, our trust in his care and expertise never waivered, which made a stressful situation much more bearable. His operative skills are fantastic and my healing time after was very short. The birth of our second child was much smoother and even though it was a planned c-section, the decision to deliver this way was never taken lightly by Dr Blair or ourselves. We were always given information for and against each time. Again his operative care was fantastic and I recovered even quicker after my second birth. I can not recommend Dr Blair highly enough. He is an absolute gentleman in every sense of the word and his care, compassion, knowledge and expertise in his field can not be faulted. We feel incredibly lucky that Dr Blair has brought both our beautiful children into this world!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

We made the best decision choosing Dr Blair to be our obstetrician after moving from interstates. Having a couple of unfortunate pregnancies previously, Dr Blair was very attentive and careful with his management of my first pregnancy with him. He make sure that all areas of concern were covered and didn't allow for any chance of error or overlook. It was very daunting and stressful for me throughout the pregnancy but every visit to Dr Blair was assuring and relieving. He has never for once forced or pushed me into doing something that we weren't agreeable on. In fact his recommendations or suggestions have always been taken on board because we know he knows the best and he has given us the best. Dr Blair is so calm and good at what he does in the birth suite. Regardless how painful or stressful you are, he has the ability to manage the situation well and have everything under control. He was so good that we continued seeking his professional care for our subsequent pregnancies and we now have three beautiful children all managed by Dr Blair. We highly recommend Dr Blair to those who wants a calm, friendly, patient and professional obstetrician to look after them and deliver their children. Do note that he's very popular and you need to get in early to book him. For all my pregnancies we booked him in at 4 weeks and it's most definitely worth it!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr Blair has been my doctor for both of my pregnancies. I found him to be very positive and relaxed through all of my routine check ups and very knowledgeable in answering all of my questions. Luckily I had two healthy pregnancies and two healthy babies but when certain things popped up that needed investigating further it was always taken seriously and explained thoroughly. In the delivery room you know you are in good hands, he is professional, supportive and gets the job done quickly. I wouldn’t hesitate to see him again for future babies.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I made an appointment to see Dr Blair for my first pregnancy on the recommendations of a couple of friends. As an obstetric doctor myself I wanted the best for me and my pregnancy and just be a patient and handover the reins to another professional. Colin was great from the first appointment, explained everything in detail and we discussed my options for birth. I hoped for a nice normal delivery but understood things may change along the course of the pregnancy. My son was measuring big with a large head (thanks to his father!) and we decided to give vaginal birth a go and Colin was very supportive. I was so happy with my care and experience I went back to him with number 2 and again had a great experience. Once he was away during one of my visits but that allowed me to meet one of the doctors that cover for him and I felt really comfortable with him too. With my own busy work schedule I often had to call up his rooms and change my appointments and his staff were always very accommodating. Not planning on a 3rd as yet but if so would go back to Dr Blair!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I had an amazing experience for my second pregnancy & birth, I felt extremely confident that Dr Blair would care for and deliver my child to the highest level of degree. He was friendly, calm and very knowledgable. Everything went perfect throughout my pregnancy, birth and post partum. I couldn’t have been happier with my experience. I would definitely choose Dr Colin Blair again and have recommended him to other families.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

It is uncharacteristic of me to provide reviews on any services that I have received, however Dr Colin Blair is such an outstanding obstetrician whose service I value so highly. If you are looking for an exceptional doctor to deliver your precious baby, then look no further! Dr Blair has delivered all three of my children and I felt very at ease knowing I was under his care. Dr Blair is the epitome of a ‘gentleman’ and a true professional in his field. He is diligent about his work but most importantly, puts the safety and best interests of the patient ahead of anything else. There is nothing better than finding an obstetrician who is so caring. I trust his expertise and decision making skills implicitly. Every second person I meet, they tell me that Dr Blair has delivered their baby and they all sing his praises. He is THE Dr Blair and, if I could, I would have another five babies just so Dr Blair could deliver them. I have nothing but the utmost respect and trust in him. If the well-being of you and your unborn child is your highest priority, then I would definitely recommend Dr Colin Blair. He exceeded all my expectations by far!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr Colin Blair was caring and professional throughout the management of my pregnancy. I felt he provided very balanced information about the risks and benefits of both caesarean and vaginal deliveries and worked with me towards a successful natural delivery which was my preference. As a paediatric doctor I am aware of the potential complications for babies and mothers associated with deliveries and I felt very confident in Dr Blair's knowledge and skills . The information that Dr Blair provided was always very accurate and delivered in a gentle and compassionate way. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and was happy to have both serious conversations (e.g. about risks of emergency caesareans) and light-hearted conversations (e.g. about return to exercise post delivery). The delivery itself went very smoothly, and I now have a very happy healthy baby. I couldn't be happier with Dr Blair's care and would recommend him to other soon to be mummies!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I was with my daughter when she saw Dr Blake and his midwife. OMG I can’t remember being more shocked at professional disappointing conduct. Dr Blair only wanted to talk C section even though She asked repeatedly to have a go at vaginal birth. Dr Blair got angry and said “how may times do I have to tell you how much safer a c section is” I once again asked my daughter to look for another Dr. if it’s not bad enough having difficulty with Dr Blair his midwife was to me a great big bully with a terrible attitude. There are two midwives one was lovely but one was just rude and someone certainly i wouldnt want anywhere near me when I was about to enbark on the most exciting experience of my life. I was horrified to find out that she works on the ward. I repeated suggested to my daughter that she look for another Dr to deliver her baby that shared her same visions. It wasn’t till the rude midwife came into the waiting room and loudly requested my daughter to fill in personal forms in front of other patients that were waiting for another Dr that she had enough of the whole ordeal. It took a bit of looking around for someone to take her on as she was a fair way along in her pregnancy but she eventually found someone and ended up having her beautiful baby surrounded with caring and happy people. GREAT DECISION

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I found Colin to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He answered any of our questions or concerns with warmth and professionalism. His staff, particularly the practice manager, were rude, hostile and arrogant.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017