Ratings for Dr. Renee Fernandez

I recently went through my first pregency and was referred to Dr. Fernandez. She was an instant support throughout, and constantly over run my appointments if I needed more time with her. Unfortunately my pregnancy came to a sad, premature end. She has remained a support both medically and emotionally. I will not hesitate to return to her if I ever am lucky enough to fall pregnant again.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

She forgot to check a lab result, when we asked her about it a month later, she "lied" and said it was normal. We later found out it wasnt. This lab result had repercussions for my health and it would have been good to find out sooner. However, doctors are human beings and make mistakes. The problem is that she was quite aloof and laughed at her mistake. We were set to move to another province, and she did not even help us with follow-up for the abnormal lab result. We were deeply saddened by her demeanor and attitude. Her lack of professionalism is uncalled for in the medical field.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013