Ratings for Dr. Julie M. Meltzer

Julie was overseeing a certified midwife whom I was seeing as a gynecologist. I was having abnormal bleeding and my provider and I discussed an ablation. I get a call 20 minutes after leaving saying that I was discussed with Julie and she felt I may have endometrial cancer and was not willing to do an ablation or a hysterectomy because I am young. She had never even seen me and for her to make those treatment choices and scare a patient about cancer without even looking at them was absurd. I refused to see her as she wasn't willing to discuss any treatment option except what she wanted (still never seeing me herself). I requested a new doctor who assured me the risk of cancer was low and discussed other options with me after seeing me in person. I would never recommend her to anyone. In fact, several people I knew going to the same office were warned and given suggestions to not see her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Meltzer has an excellent bedside manor. Made me feel at ease during the exam. She asked the right questions and really listened to detail so that she made the correct diagnosis/treatment which a previous physician did not do. So grateful to finally have my problem solved!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Doctor Meltzer was amazing! She took over my care at week 20. She and her staff were available and compassionate. I was a first time mom and had many questions which were promptly answered. During delivery she made sure I was comfortable and calm. She even kicked the nicu-nurses out during laboring down when they started getting loud and obnoxious (my labor had to be attended by the nicu. I had a minor complication which turned out to be nothing and the baby was great. She made them stand by just to be on the safe side. She had them come back in as the baby was actually being born). Overall amazing birth experience and I recommend her to any woman!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013